Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ohio Army Depot?

Steve Frazier ยท 2009-06-15 00:17

I drove through Ohio yesterday on I80 and at Mile 54 spotted some scrapers painted in jungle camo. I spun my head around and saw the roofs of probably at east 30 other machines painted the same way. Is anyone close enough to do a little investigating?

Replies5
  1. #1digger242j2009-06-15 03:13

    Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. I'm here in front of my computer. It's the US Army Reserve's 983rd Engineer Battalion in Holland, OH. Pictures from the road it's on, from I-80, and the aerial view. Anything else you need to know? (This internet thingy is amazing.... :dizzy)

  2. #2reyancruz2009-06-15 03:38

    goin' to visit that too... in the net...

  3. #3landrvrnut222009-06-15 09:31

    That's them. Friend of mine is a Sargeant in the unit. I will have to ask him if he has anymore photos.

  4. #4Steve Frazier2009-06-15 14:41

    When I drove by Saturday the yard near the road looked nearly full of equipment. Quite a sight.

  5. #5qball2009-06-15 15:05

    heading to chicago? gimme a call. i'll show you the ropes.