Hi everyone, So I'm in a tough spot, popped a transaxle hose the other day, no biggie. Bought a new section of low pressure hose and 2 gals of Deere hygard oil. Need a lot more than 2 gals, maybe 3 or 4. All utf options are far away and I have a gig tomorrow morning. So what can I finish filling it with? The gas station has 10wt or iso 68 hydraulic fluids, would this be okay? Maybe atf? I know there's a wet brake in there. JD 310d, transaxle holds maybe 6 gals total. Or is this a retarded line of thinking and I've just gotta tell the customer I'll be late cuz I gotta drive and get more tractor fluid? Thanks!
Either of those would be fine, definitely not the ATF. Are you going to drain it and refill with Hyguard in a couple days? It is a little odd to me to be working an old machine like that, and not have the right oils on hand. To be clear, this is a transaxle with a wet brake, but separate from the reverser fluid?
Good to know atf is NOT the right stuff, kinda surprised though. it's gotta with friction disks, right? How different are those from wet clutches and wet brakes? Anyways, moot point. My wife was so nice as to go to the outskirts of get me a couple more jugs of hygard this morning while I finished reassembling the tractor. Was only a little late for the job. I had a couple buckets of generic UTF until a couple weeks ago. Rash of recent popped hoses used it all up. Oils are expensive here! Now I've got a gallon and a half at Least of backup hygard. Yeah, a 310d has separate hydraulic, reverser and transaxle systems. Thanks again Delmer for all the information, as always.