Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What Country would a ZX 55 USR-5A Hitachi track hoe come out of?

Hoghead · 2025-02-08 12:49

I was given a 2020 Hitachi as a payment for a debt owed and it has some problems and would like to know where this Gray market machine came from. I need some parts to get the machine running, for starters a new fuse box since there was some melting in the old one and a lot of fuses seemed rusty so a lot of re-wiring needs to be done. The machine seems to be in very good condition, and it has new rubber tracks, it was running when he delivered it but the display monitor has issues and right now, can't get it to fire up and my mechanic said there is no power going to the glow plugs for starters.. Any Hitachi dealer probably would not want to help since they all hate gray market machines so would need to know if i could contact the company in Japan or wherever this machine came from to see if I could get a new fuse box for starters. We can use a fuse box from some other heavy equipment machine I suppose as long as we are dilligent with wiring placement. I just need to get this thing running and sell it.. Anyone out there interested? Any idea what it is worth? It has a nice seat, with little wear and even AC

Replies8
  1. #1Coaldust2025-02-08 16:56

    Let’s see some pictures.

  2. #2Hoghead2025-02-08 18:38

    My old computer which is set up to accept the photos from my camra has died and I am using my friends laptop to post. I don't know anything about computers and i don't think I could put in a pic to this site directly from my camera through this laptop. A computer geek friend of mine installed something in the computer to accept pics from the old Canon camera I have.

  3. #3Tones2025-02-08 19:01

    I think the engine brand could be a help. Isuzu- Japan Tata- India Iveco- Italy

  4. #4Hoghead2025-02-08 23:37

    It is a 4 cylinder Yanmar The ID tag is still on it plus I have the model and serial# of the chassis also

  5. #5Hoghead2025-02-08 23:39

    It also has stickers on the door window that is Japanese and my mechanic thought one was also Korean

  6. #6Diesel Dave2025-02-09 09:14

    If you can find a machine parts manual , a Hitachi or Deere dealer would sell you the parts. I wouldn’t guarantee a fuse box is available seperate, I would think it is part of the cab /canopy wiring harness.

  7. #7Hoghead2025-02-09 10:59

    I downloaded a shop manual for this and my mechanic is using the wiring diagram to put in a fuse box we got from the local wrecking yard and Frankenstein this together. The previous owner did some strange rewring and it needs correcting. Since JD and Hitachi have gotten a divorce some years ago it would be hard to get anything from JD

  8. #8Tones2025-02-09 19:22

    Google interpreter is a great app to read foreign languages, just take a photo and refer it to the app.