Friends, do you know the difference between Case 95XT and successor model Case 465 ? Apparently the two are very similar models.
The 465 uses the 4.5L and the 95XT used the 3.9T. They are basically the same machine. Exceptionally heavy duty skid steer.
So ??? …out of curiosity KSSS …… I am familiar with the impeccable reputation of the 3.9L (T or NA) …Which engine do you prefer ??? …or have you found one to out weigh the other ???
I believe the 3.9 is heavier. The ROC rating on the 465 is slightly less than the 95xt. I must say that after having several of the 4.5's (440 and 465) I like it better than the 3.9T. I was at the factory for a customer clinic when they were first bringing the Iveco engines into the machines. There were some downright hostile customers, most thought it was absolutely mindless to replace the Cummins. However after running them there and owning them I prefer the Iveco 4.5 over the 3.9T. It recovers faster than the 3.9 did, the exhaust note on the 4.5 when running hard is not near as symphony-like as is the 3.9T. I have never had to work on the 4.5 or the 3.9 (20 years worth of machines and have never needed to touch either one). When the Alpha series was released and I saw that they were not using the 4.5 I was upset. I had come to really like that power plant. After running and owning the 3.2 and now the 3.4L I was put at ease, but there is no substitute for displacement as they say. The 4.5 is now being used in larger machines.
Sorry KSSS !!! …….. My Bad …. LOL ….. I came back to read the last question in my post ……. When I asked about one out weighing the other I was meaning "Pro's & Con's" …. One being more than the other ….. LOL !!! …… I guess we use that phrase as a figure of speach …. OOps !!! …. Anyways, great feedback analogies it's been something in the back of our minds for along time ….. we never hear much about the Iveco engines Pros/Cons only, as a matter of fact never heard of an Iveco before a couple of yrs ago …. it's a repetitive statement you hear that "I Wish They Never Stopped Using The Cummins 3.9L" ….. We've seen the same thing with the Bcat's … Perkins - Deutz - Kubota - and now the Doosans *** ever those engines are ??? … Never really ever heard about a or What a Doosan was/is until they bought out Bcat/Ingersol …. I guess like you devoted Case guys, we just have to wait and see how they turn out …. With all of the Manufacturers under the pressure of Tier-IV regs …. well it comes back to how smart is ….. "Lets burn more fuel to maintain a cleaner AIR quality vs Less fuel consumption and slightly dirtier Air" …… I swear that's why Bcat has larger fuel tanks in their "M-Series" over our "K-Series" machines so you can attempt to get thru a day A short day, without stopping to fuel-up !!! ……….. Logic I guess Duhhhh !!! …… LOL ….Cheers !!!
Friends, I am very grateful for the participation and cooperation of everyone, especially the friend KSSS which usually demonstrates in-depth knowledge about the Case Skidsteers. Not to be annoying and bother them even more, the 4.5 L engine consumes more fuel than the 3.9 L engine? Furthermore, comparing the technical specifications, imagine the advantages of 465 do not justify an investment to replace a 95XT , agree?
Friends of curiosity, continuing the topic ... The 3.9L engine is the Cummins 4BT, correct? And that would Iveco 4.5L engine which model? Thank you all!