Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do I “really” have? Galion 104?

lightnin ยท 2017-11-26 22:13

Looking for any information i can get, serial number 104-cc-06816. I think i have the cummins nh220 engine, says jnr 100 ci on the tag on its side? Throttle shaft leaks fuel when it is running, clutch releases right at the top of the pedal stroke,, and the steering seems to be powered when it wants too!! I have never operated a grader before, but i need to learn!! We just took over operation of the local dirt track and i need to have this baby up n running in the spring!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies2
  1. #1lightnin2017-12-11 22:17

    Has anyone come up with a good way to add or check the hydraulic fluid on a galion?

  2. #2RMXR2017-12-12 03:01

    Go to this site: http://www.steeringclutch.com/transmissiondiscsGALION.htm Scroll down to Motor Graders and click on Hydraulic System for the applicable model. There's a lot of good info on Galions here that may help you with yours. Engines are not covered though, which is a shame, but the info that the site provides is invaluable.