Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do you all do for music in a noisey machine?

Tony H ยท 2014-10-11 17:01

Before you jump on me for listening to music and not minding my work... My tractor is for private use on my land NOT a business. I've been putting in 6 hour days getting the land in order.. many more hours to go. The tractor has no radio. Not really interested in Radio but I like music and have an MP3 player . Was thinking about a Wireless Headset set-up so I can hop in and out without being Leashed in by a wired headset. The idea of larger headsets was to hopefully provide more noise deadening in them to quiet the 2500 RPM it takes to run the PTO at speed. Has anyone done a wireless headset to an MP3 transmitter? Looking for a setup that can run off the Tractors 12V, I only see battery operated ones with AC adapters.

Replies10
  1. #1Desertwheeler2014-10-12 00:48

    I have two sets of headphones. One is called quiet tunes I think. The other work got me and they are about $500's and have Bluetooth MP3 plug in and a boom mic. The quiet tunes runs off AA batteries.

  2. #2Welder Dave2014-10-12 00:58

    You can get noise deadening headphones with a radio and an MP3 player. They use batteries but the batteries last a long time. I have some with just the radio and the only time they sometimes give a problem is reception in the cab of the skid steer. They're limited to 82 decibels so you can't crank them too high. I can still hear the machine but it's not nearly as bad and the radio keeps you from getting too bored. AO safety makes them and there's some other ones as well. I wanted to hook up something to run off the machine battery too but it's too much fiddling around and I can use the headphones on all my machines.

  3. #3td25c2014-10-12 01:23

    Yeah Tony H , I use this headset to catch up on the latest news & tunes on AM & FM band while working with the dozer or mowing the lawn . LOL! Gives pretty good ear protection & can tune in to local stations . http://www.ruralking.com/sas-digital-earmuffs-with-am-fm-stereo-display-6108.html

  4. #4Desertwheeler2014-10-12 01:47

    Quiet tunes if I remember had some that plugged into the MP3 player and didn't need batteries. We used them in our 773's and plugged them into our two ways and satellite radio.

  5. #5markshr1512014-10-12 17:30

    This is what I use when bushoging. I highly recommend it but do not buy a cheep knockoff you will not be happy.

  6. #6jdm2014-10-12 18:55

    turn it off you will be glad you did.

  7. #7StillCrazy2014-10-13 00:35

    I use wired ones but I use Shure Ec320 earbuds with a cellphone adapter to stream xbox music of my phone (or pandora or spotify, whatever). I tried wireless but wasn't happy with the sound or noise isolation in any of the ones I tried.

  8. #8wrwtexan2014-10-13 01:44

    Quiettunes are a good choice. The new ones are digital tuned, provide good noise protection, have good radio reception, and have an auxiliary input jack. AO Safety won't turn up loud enough to hear. Had one, returned it. It's an argument starter but nonetheless amazing how much more can be heard of a machine with good hearing protection than being blasted by a loud engine which drowns out small noises. Adding in a bit of music sure helps keep the tractor thoughts at bay and can help keep your mind on business at hand.

  9. #9boaterri2014-10-13 09:03

    Bose Quiet Comfort II have worked well for me while observing a stump grinder at close range. Rick

  10. #10tmc_312014-10-13 14:26

    What brand and model are the ones that work bought you? Do they have a built in bluetooth connection that will interface with your phone? I have the 3M Tekk Worktunes with the built in AM/FM radio. I paired a small bluetooth receiver with them that I velcroed to the headset. The system works very well for listening to audio books or tunes from my Iphone. The noise attenuation is excellent. The problem is if I get a phone call, I have to stop the tractor and shut it off, pull off the headset and take the phone calll as you normally would. What I would like to find is a headset with a built in bluetooth receiver and transmitter and a boom mic So that I can listen to books or tunes and take phone calls on the fly Tim