I am just wondering are there some good promotion approaches to make your machines better known? We are planning to marketing the company equipments, could you give some advice? Through word of mouth, we have been very famous in China.
as I think I suggested in another reply to one of your questions,,,,,,have you some Youtube videos you can post? Have you any machines in the USA/Canada?Are your supply lines set up for parts etc? Are Lonking ready to move muck/dirt on another continent?
when you say "we have been very famous in China" it sounds like you are not famous anymore.Please excuse me for pointing out your sentence construction, I mean well
Build a high quality machine that is dependable, support it after it is sold. If you bring the usual poor quality junk here to the states that chinese companies have been famous for supplying for years and we will turn and run as far as we can as fast as we can for as long as we can from you.
Yair . . . I was going to start a new thread but I think this is appropriate here. I can't comment on heavy equipment but I notice in my part of Australia that the quality and acceptance of Chinese small equipment such as powertools, engines, pumps and so on is improving . . . to the extent that the "you get what you pay for" motto is (in some cases) no longer true. A classic case is a common 11/2" firefighter pump such as has been offered for many years by Honda. The genuine article at our local rural shop was $780.00 with three year warranty. I was able to buy a similar speced. Chinese unit for less than half that with a two year replacement warranty. Four years later it still starts first pull just like a Honda. I see more and more Government vehicles with Chinese compressors and generators in the back and this could be a sign of more general acceptance. There is some poor quatity stuff out there but the situation is getting better. Over here we have no manufacturing base to support so I don't believe there is much point in cutting off your nose to spite your face. Just my two bobs worth on a bleak and windy 14 degree morning. Cheers.
Your big problem in the US is competing with Cat, Case and JD as far as service after the sale. Unfortunately a lot of compact utility tractors that were/are made in China don't have a good reputation for durability and in most cases parts and service are terrible. That reputation while it may have nothing to do with your company is still going to taint you. You can see what happened with JCB and Fiat Allis here in the US. Parts and service are about impossible to come by in some areas so they have little if any of the market share. Good Luck Rick
I have to agree with most posters here. For the most part chinese is synonymous with junk. There maybe cases where that has changed in reality, but it will take years before public opinion changes and that is a rough road to travel. Here in the South we're still dealing with chinese drywall issues and that has long term health concerns. To get your products out there I would agree, get some youtube videos out to the masses, use social media as often as you can. But first and foremost make QUALITY products, offer good warranties and stand behind all of it. You will need to consider a very broad and competent network of support dealers. You can make the greatest product on earth, if no one knows about it then know one will buy it and even the greatest product will eventually need service, if it's not there you've only really made the greatest paperweight on earth.
Well lonking why not look at the other major brands and see what they do they dont just sell to a middle man and try and get sales that way the chinese tend to look at everything very short term you need your own company to open yards in the US and else where and support the machines dont do it from a profit stand ponit it will cost more money but you will make it back in the long run we are looking at this also at the moment we will start production of our first wheel loaders and excavators in the net few months you cant relie on agents.
Rent some of your machines to well known companies. We always wanted to buy a chinese machine, but its a big risk to buy a big machine without testing it before or know anyones experiences with it.
Lonking , I see you got a couple of your excavators on the front page of New Zealand Civil Contracting magazine and a article inside . I agree with axelfue , get some rented out and see what happens . You have GOT to have good local dealers who will back the machines up
Maybe im off here but......... If youre already manufacturing full sized excavators and such i would think you have the capital to hire a marketing firm to increase sales … seems ultimately "guerilla" if you will , to be inquiring about advertising on the internet when youre an organization of that size. Just saying.
Send me a PM or e-Mail to open communications then get some help. I am a Sales, Marketing, and Advertising expert. I am very affordable and extremely experienced. Also know and have been around all kinds of equipment. Have ramped up many huge multi-million dollar a year businesses here in the USA from nothing. Even started sales from zero for some multi-billion dollar a year organizations today (if we talk will give you real-world examples you will know of). More Background so you know am the stuff: Would start out by helping create a quality website (anyone thinks they can, but most can not bring in as many customers from their work as I am able to demonstrate). How good is an eye-candy website if no one sees it? My websites are more than just art. Will create a well-targeted Search Engine Optimization (SEO) / Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaign. Combined with other strategic advertising. Will show you how to reach the audience desired. How to measure and tune until reach success. Example, in time will get you on the first page of search engines for the right things to grow your business including: Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc. Customers who come to you from my efforts will be ready to buy and think they found you (warm leads are way better than cold leads). After a while word of mouth from happy customers will take over. Repeat customers and referrals are where the big money is. I usually recommend publicizing from all sides over time not just online. Cross marketing is better than using only one media. Word of mouth is best and the ultimate goal. Your company has to have something good. Then keep making something good. With great service / parts availability. Foreign equipment has failed here without good parts / service - as is critical. Dealer support for any equipment company is a huge potential problem especially starting out - that can and needs to be overcome over time with your customers good experiences. Just putting reasonably priced equipment out there is not enough. Never forget parts and service are part of the equation. Initial price vs performance is also huge. As long as your company treats people like we would want to be treated especially when problems happen (and they will running big iron as moving parts wear out) your company will be off to the races. Can help ramp sales volume on any needed product or service globally. I will put your company on the map. Have done it before and will do it again. Hope to hear from you.
I think it is important to appear professional. Even in a forum like this, it is important to put some effort into spelling and grammar. It doesn't have to be perfect by any stretch, but I think its worth taking the time to be a bit better than this. Posts like this are hard to read, and give bad impressions right from the start. Just my opinion.
I spam heavy equipment websites world wide asking dumb questions and lying to anyone who will listen about the quality of equipment my country produces.