I haven't seen any web sites posted for any of the independents on this forum. I had always thought I should have one for the farm, but didn't know how. With about a week of evenings, i figured out how to make it happen. Google provides free space and templates to choose from. Once you play around a bit you can figure out how to get something half decent looking out there. I used a service called misk.com to purchase my domain name (watkinsglenexcavating.com) for $10/year. Pretty cheap i figure. I was pretty proud of myself for figuring this out on my own. Ken www.watkinsglenexcavating.com
You are seriously undercutting the other contractors. You may be able to do it for those prices with a very slim profit margin, which is all good until something breaks or you would like to retire. Fair pricing is the way to go, everyone is happy in the end. You can always lower a bill if you get it done cheaper then you expect, I've yet to learn to raise the bid and keep customers happy.
Just to add to that. Why would anyone want to work for less than what the market will bear? Especially now when things bid as tight as they do? As for having a website. I believe it to be as manadatory as a grease gun anymore. The better the website the better your chances of landing work.
I just finished mine today. It's pretty bland right now but I just threw it together on a whim. I plan on fixing it up more later. Anyway here's the link. www.rniexcavating.com
There is more to it than having a good-art website. Eye candy is worthless if no one sees it. Measuring to tune for success is also critical. Very experienced can help you with that.
Websites are a pretty powerful tool, don't forget to reach out with social media....and also do regular updates. One of the easiest ways to keep your content on your website and social media fresh and curent is to take photos at current job sites. It shows off your work and also keeps things fresh. If you want something flashy, easy to use, and are willing to pay www.wix.com is also a fun service to check out for a website. As previously stated, eye candy is worthless if no one sees it. Remember to put your website on all business cards and business material. As for design and layout - I'm a fan of the KISS method. Keep it simple stupid, don't make things overly complicated or too hard to find. All info on the site should take 3 or less clicks to get to or you lose your audiance.
I use Google analytics to track my website. I understand there are others as well some that are better. You can see what pages people spend time on, how much time, how they find you, it goes on and on. Very helpful when it comes to tailoring your website to your audience. I also use a service to optimize my site.
We just got ours, the nameservers are still propagating but it is very nice! http://www.dmwindustries.com like in my profile.
I agree about the social media/// Facebook guys its a really nice tool lol
http://www.dmwindustries.com/ still shows as not yet really working.
Have a look guys, tell what you think www.greenedgecontracting.com.au
Social media is one of the best tool for social networking site.