Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

what do you mainly operate

stumpjumper83 ยท 2007-05-03 19:07

I'm curious to see what the rest of you all spend most of your time operating. Not really digging for whither deere is better than cat or anything like that. Strictly curious to see what we all operate. :usa

Replies15
  1. #1PSDF3502007-05-03 19:14

    Mine isn't on there. I run a chainsaw and log skidder.

  2. #2stumpjumper832007-05-03 19:23

    yeah there are several more that i am missing like graders, pavers, curb machines, trenchers, cranes, draglines, drills, skidders, and probably something else. But at last i only had 10 choices

  3. #3komatsukid2007-05-03 19:51

    I spend most of my time in a loader.

  4. #4Truckie2007-05-03 20:24

    I spend 98% of my time in a excavator with a shear head on it. I run a Link Belt 240XL in our yard and on the road I run a 290 or what ever they rent.

  5. #5rino14942007-05-03 20:26

    I run just about anything and everything. Most of my time is spent on excavators and dozers.

  6. #6NateV2007-05-03 20:35

    mines not there either...spade shovel.

  7. #7RollOver Pete2007-05-03 20:40

    I try to stay off anything with rubber tires. For some reason, people expect you to run too darned fast. :Banghead :cool2

  8. #8telescooper2007-05-03 21:15

    The list is missing Gradalls, milling machines and pavers. Does anyboby here even operate a gradall? :beatsme

  9. #9CascadeScaper2007-05-03 21:30

    I've run everything except grader, pan, and rock truck, but I spend most of my time on hoes. I have 800-900 hours on various sized excavators and about 400 hours on skid steers.

  10. #10Dozerboy2007-05-03 21:56

    :exactly

  11. #11wrenchbender2007-05-03 22:01

    Mine ain't listed either:beatsme But mostly I run my tail off trying to keep all that other stuff running.

  12. #12richardcatdaddy2007-05-05 14:45

    subject Mainly I haul equipment job to job.But now and then I get cut loose in one of our Cat350E arti trucks.We also have a Power Curber curb machine that I hate to load or unload.3 tracks aint enough for me to feel comfortable with.Got to raise it up so the trimmer,mold wont scrape the trailer and its top heavy too.Just dont like fooling with the thing.Gotta turn on the servos to make it move,steer with a toggle switch and cant see the front track which is the steering track.Hate that thing.:Banghead

  13. #13stumpjumper832007-05-07 20:37

    Yeah the company I work for has one of those. Saw I running the other day, glad it isnt my responsibility. For tracked machines it is the last one that I'd want to run. Id rather be stuck doing a 10' cut in bedrock with a john deere 40 loader with a weak clutch, and the brake out on one side.

  14. #14HeyUvaVT2007-05-07 21:28

    tracked skid steer here...the swiss army knife on the job site!

  15. #158-ball2007-05-07 22:49

    well boy's [oops] "men" last week i ran an old 7 dozer for a friend of mine, next week i start running the old john deere for the county road dept. such is the life of a "old" fart that is retired but still enjoys running any thing that moves dirt! i really like to run a cat and scraper but like as has been said already , i will admit i'm tooo old to run any rubber tired scrapers! i found that out a couple of years ago, well, maybe i would like to try again ! us old timers are hard to stop once we build up a little momentum!:cool2 :usa