Hi guys,what do you think about the new cat f-series off-highway dump truck?
What kind of truck Articulated or a Haul truck ? I think Cat pretty much rules the roost when it comes to haul trucks but for articulated 6x6 dump trucks Volvo has the competition beat.
I agree, not much beats Cat's rigid frame haul trucks, but Volvo and Deere/Bell build some of the best ADT's. Cat's ADT's aren't bad from what I've heard, but there are a lot of Volvo ADT's in these parts. Komatsu's ADT's are gaining in popularity as well.
Haul truck.I agree with you guys,volvo,deere/bell are looking to be better than the cat in the adt`s market.
I tend to disagree that Deere/Bell/Volvo/Komatsu have a better artic than Cat. I have an '01 and '07 Cat 725 and they have been very good trucks. I bought the '01 in '05 with 3000 hrs, it now has 5500hrs and we have only replaced an injector, rolled in new main bearings and replace the ring gear and bearings in the rear tandem. The bearings in the rear end were not shot but while you have it tore down might as well replace them with the hours on the meter. The '07 has had 0 problems, which is should, with 800 hours on the meter. When searching for artics I talked to a few guys around in the business that were running Volvos, the first generation Komatsu's and newer Deere's/Bells. The feedback I got was that the Volvo's were good trucks but had a tricky electronic system that was somewhat unreliable, the first generation Komatsu's had some drive train issues that I believe had been worked out since then on the newer models, and the newer model Deere/Bell trucks were pretty good trucks. What it really boils down to is we don't have a large dealer presence for Deere/Bell or Vovlo. The whole Volvo dealership, including their shop and storage yard could fit into our Cat dealers parts warehouse. Deere/Bell is a little better but they only run 3 service trucks. The Komatsu dealer only had the newer generation 40 ton trucks when I was looking and they are just to big and $$$$$. So my decision to go with Cat was the usual. Price, dependability and dealer service - not saying the other brands did not have the same - it's a business decision. Just my $.02.
Dont like the look of the new 777F. Still the best truck. Volvo make the best ADT by the power of 10. Ross
Didn't volvo pretty much start the ADT ? Volvo is the most popular truck in the area almost every forestry contractor/road builder has a Volvo ADT ranging from ancient to brandnew. I remember when the first forestry contractor here tried a Volvo ADT I guess its got to be almost 10 years go now. They leased a volvo 25 ton truck the guys were sceptical saying that thing isn't going to work. When they found the ADT truck could haul more material in a day compared to the off highway Hayes dump trucks more Volvos were ordered. Even the gravel mines are switching from ridid frame haul trucks to 40 ton ADTs they are quicker and don't need a well maintained road to travel on. The mines are usually all Cat equipment but they are not buying Cat ADTs it is Komatsu and Volvo. The one mine used to even have Ridgid frame Eucids they got retired aswell.