Had a reader at ConstructionEquipment.com post this question in our TalkBack section, soliciting operating impressions of JCB's EasyControl system: Submitted by: Stuart Randall 1/6/2010 11:04:49 AM PT Location: Angus, Scotland, UK I'd be interested to hear whether EasyControl is living up to the hype. Does it give the same feel as a manual machine? If not, it's an expensive option to gamble on! Does anybody that has used this system care to share their opinions? More about EasyControl: JCB Puts Control 'Back' into Hands of Backhoe Operators Easycontrol seat-mounted servo control system available as option on 3CX, 4CX backhoe loader models Thanks, Larry
ive been waiting to try one for 28 months,yes that long.have been told i can demo one in mid march so will look foreward to that.what do people think of the servo controls on the case,new holland and cat machines.might have a look at a cat 428 if finnings ever get back to me nick.........
Wow.... go figure me the anti-JCB guy is the first one to try them here? I had about 6 weeks give or take on a JCB 3CX 14ft with the "easycontrol". I have always heard JCB backhoes all pumped up saying they are the best machine... well I have no desire to ever sit in one again but... ok. As for the controls, they seemed ok. They had no feel but like any other backhoe if you know how to feel through the rest of the machine its no big deal. I found the biggest problem was our cold weather, you sometimes had to activate them 2 or 3 times to get em to come on if the machine was still a bit cold. Also... the extrendahoe doesn't seem to always work right away. You have to hit the little slider switch a few times. Another biased opinion brought to you by... Burnout...:drinkup
I agree with burnout bout feeling through the rest of the hoe but still prefer manual over pilots.
Guess that's just what a man's used to. I've never really got the idea of the mechanical controls, always digged with some sort of servo assistance. Time before backhoes had servo controls of anykind as an option, scandinavian dealers would construct them when the customer wished. Differences in cultures or something, don't know. But I think easycontrol works good, have no complaints about it. Never had any problems with it working, hot or cold (guess there's no need to tell about the weather in Finland). Problems may, and will, occur over the years thou. The feel is good, liked it better than the New Holland LB 115. Choose what you feel comfortable with, if you have a lot plain digging take a chance with the easycontrols.