Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What do you use your skid steer for?

puredieselpower ยท 2006-05-30 21:06

Yeah i am new here and just wanted to know what are the different uses you all use your skid steers for? mine i use for building pole sheds and leveling off.

Replies121
  1. #1Steve Frazier2006-05-30 21:25

    There's not much I don't do with my Cat. Grading, excavating, lawn prep, planting, lifting, brush clearing, road maintenance, drainage and snow removal are just some of the things I've done. A very versatile tool.

  2. #2Dwan Hall2006-05-30 23:24

    Like Steve, just about everything. I have even suspended our 9' light materials bucket about 33" above the ground for a welding table. also use it for a power source for my Power Ram. For all you guys that lay conduit for utilitys, did you know you can warm the PVC pipe by sliping it over the exaust for a short time making it bendable. I lay a lot of 2" pvc and never buy sweeps any more. 48" trencher, 14' (914) backhoe, 6 different size buckets, pallet forks, 8' extentions for forks. single shank riper 36", 8' sweepster broom. 3 ea. 975 bobcats.

  3. #3CGSI2006-06-01 21:43

    As you can see it is a very versatile tool and only limited by its owners imagination. Skids are probably the most versatile tool out there if you really want to benefit from its ownership.

  4. #4itsgottobegreen2006-06-02 21:06

    Just about anything and everything. :yup

  5. #5ranger2007-07-06 23:59

    I use mine for: moving dirt, gravel, etc. -cutting cedar & mesquite trees with a shear -picking up trees after they are cut and brush with a grapple -lifting anything and everything on and off of a pallet with pallet forks -post holes with auger -grade the roads with a grademaster ......and I will do more as I obtain more attachments.

  6. #6Rocket2007-07-09 20:33

    Steve what attachments do you have? I have the general use bucket and forks. I have rented other tools like the stump grinder (not that useful compared to a true standalone grinder), auger (nice tool), rotodarian (very nice tool), leveler (I might not have gotten the hang of that one, didn't see much use for it). To answer the question, I use it for landscaping and snow removal. Wish I had more work for it. It's sort of expensive sitting in the shop I've been wondering if it is the best tool. What about a Kubota tractor with loader and backhoe? That would get used a bit here!

  7. #7Steve Frazier2007-07-09 22:57

    I've got a 4 way bucket, pallet forks, Bradco 611 backhoe, jib boom, Harley Rake, grapple rake and high flow snowblower with truck loading chute. On my wish list are an auger and breaker hammer. I've been considering a stump grinder since I get calls to do that work often enough to think about it. I've been subbing a guy who gets about $350 per job to do this work. It wouldn't take long to recover the attachment cost at that rate. What about the stump grinder disappointed you?

  8. #8Rocket2007-07-09 23:10

    The small wheel and lack of visibility. I did not feel safe having a crew member in the area but needed them to direct the cutting. This was the CAT grinder. The QuickAttach unit looks like it might be a better tool.

  9. #9Steve Frazier2007-07-09 23:14

    My grapple rake and snowblower are made by Quickattach, I'm very impressed with them both. I got their catalog this past spring and would love to order a couple more things. The rough winter (or lack of) put a damper on that.

  10. #10cat3202007-07-09 23:39

    I find i use mine alot more than i thought i would with just the bucket I have a long list of things i would like to get but want to get the things that will produce and not just sit on the shelf.

  11. #11Serv2007-07-10 14:16

    here again, I use mine for the tire business. Loading and unloading trailers, stacking tires, moving tires, offsite tire cleanup jobs, feeding the tire processing equipment, etc. I need to see about getting a new one soon, but after 5000 or so hours, this one just won't quit.

  12. #12thejdman042007-07-10 20:37

    as you can see very versitile tool, it wont do it as productive as a dedicated machine (ie you can put a backhoe on it but wont dig as good as a dedicated real excavator,) but you can pretty much do anything w/these machines

  13. #13EZ TRBO2007-08-19 09:48

    Before we owned a skid loader we would rent one a few times a year for job specific task and only when we really needed one. Finally we bought a 773G series Bobcat and now, very seldom go on a job without it. Somtimes we don't even charge for the use, as it pays for itself in the time it saves us and helps with things we would have to do by hand otherwise. I've cleared brush, backfilled garages and other walls, leveled dirt and gravel, removed fence, made roads and trails, trenched in silt fence, even took a truck mounted snow plow and fabricated a frame for it to use on the skid loader, can even remove the plow and use the frame as a small cherry picker. With all the attachments you can get and different type of buckets, its really awesome with all you can do with one machine.

  14. #14Noose2007-08-19 10:51

    I use ours for basic landscaping. we have used it for digging basments, augering pilings, pushing in fenceposts, a man lift (with an actual basket), moving trees, and trenching. all in the last three months. The new 300 is dedicated to the mulcher, but able to do the heavier jobs that the 185 "shouldn't do"

  15. #15Sterlclan2007-12-06 18:43

    drive way maintenance....................snow plowing..........log splitting......stump digging...lawn prep.............demolition.........moving damaged cars and trucks...........pulling engines.............anything and everything....Jeff

  16. #16bobcat ron2007-12-06 19:15

    I use my Cat MTL for one purpose only, the most important reason of all. ..........................TAX WRITE OFF.............................

  17. #17wayne1862008-01-06 09:04

    I use my 753 for just about anything I can get an attachement for. My neighbour once told me to buy one because there was nothing I could not do with it.. I procrastinated for two years... the brush rake is my top favourite.. it saves me so much sweat when I am clearing parts of my property for new fields. I also use (if I can rent or borrow the attachements) it for trenching, grading, post hole digging, clearing, concrete pouring, moving materials around, moving earth. The only attachements I have are a grapple and bucket with no teeth. I borrow my neighbours post hole digger, bucket with teeth and trencher from time to time (yeah we lend each other our tools - so cool that we don't each have to buy the same thing). At times I lend him my Case 680k backhoe, Case 4x4 tractor and any other tools. Top of the hit list this year is a sawmill... top wish list (way too expensive but a much needed/wanted toy for working around the property... a crawler loader) :notworthy Have fun with your toys boys

  18. #18nedly052008-01-06 14:26

    I havent had mine long but I will use it a lot. I'll have my tracks tomorrow, how do tracks work in the snow, or for snow removal, would I be better off to remove them for the winter and use some 2 link v-bar chains?

  19. #19GOINGBROKE2008-01-16 06:13

    I have cat 252b, use mostly for forkift around the shop. Put together 9 ft snowblade moved alot of snow this winter. Wouldn't know what to do with out it and wouldn't have another brand.

  20. #20jazak2008-01-16 09:30

    I know a guy who has built his own and is starting production. Everyone that has used them and has bought one off of them love them and say they're WAY better then the ones sold by CAT, Bobcat, Case, etc, etc. I've used a skid steer for, ~ Rough/final grading ~ Lot clearing ~ Moving brush/logs/firewood ~ Snow removal/plowing ~ Excavating ~ Moving materials

  21. #21GOINGBROKE2008-01-17 07:47

    Now why would someone with the screen name bobcat ron have a Cat? Is it because it was a larger tax write off than a Bobcat?

  22. #22bobcat ron2008-01-17 11:01

    Nope, I switched over to Cat after seeing the glow of the yellow paint and the huge monthly payment savings.

  23. #23snowboarder542008-01-25 20:48

    Driveways and lot clearing with a little logging here and there.

  24. #24Seaside LPS2008-01-27 21:00

    I have a Gehl 5640 Turbo I use mine for dirt work, sweeping (parking lots) moving pallets of stone, snow removal off the tops of parking garages. I rent attachments from time to time. My wish list: auger with 36" bit grapple Harley rake snow blower

  25. #25mikef872008-01-30 15:05

    I have a Bobcat S250, 553, Cat 226 and 252. We mostly use ours for plowing, but sometimes we'll use one inside a building to grade off and area or to backfill in a tight area. Attachments: 72" Pickup sweeper 72" Rotary sweeper 72" snowblower Breaker, Asphalt Milling Machine 48" Snowblower

  26. #26StPat2008-02-05 15:10

    We use our 753 for general work around the sawmill, cleaning up sawdust, snow removal, moving cut lumber and logs, etc. Was wondering if anyone has or knows where to get a cross reference between the old model Bobcat designations ( 753,853 Etc) and the new ones (180, 280, etc.)? Don't need a real detailed one, just enough to get an approximation between models. Thanks Patrick

  27. #27williethekidd2008-02-09 21:50

    What is the best grapple for my S250? I use my bobcat for brush control, road repair, post hole digging, tree planting, landscaping, drainage, rock moving, beaver dam intervention, and just about anything else. I need a good grapple, anyone used a quickattach eagle talon or the skidsolution GRX-TREME?

  28. #28Steve Frazier2008-02-09 22:41

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup Take a look at this thread .

  29. #29williethekidd2008-02-10 08:25

    Thank you for that link. Do still feel the same way about the grapple and the company. I was looking at the Talon that they produce, but if the Claw is good enough and tough enough it would save $1000 bucks. Willie

  30. #30Steve Frazier2008-02-10 14:24

    I've got two Quick Attach attachments, my grapple rake and snow blower and both have always done everything I've asked. I've had the blower now 7 years and in that time have replaced one coil on the hydraulic manifold and a couple fittings I broke when the hoses got caught in branches. I do sidewalks and have a 10' discharge chute, when I pass under trees occasionally I encounter branches. The grapple has had one fitting come loose and leak when a hose got caught in some brush and tugged at the fitting. A simple twist of a wrench took care of that. These attachments are very well built and as I mentioned in the other thread, Quick Attach has been very easy to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them again.

  31. #31redkat2008-02-14 19:36

    Use my bobcat for nearly everything.............on my own property........i dont hire out...................over the years i just got sick of ordering hire bobcats........some with good operaters and some not , which would allways be late, sometimes days..............thus i decide just to buy my own.....................best think i ever did! no more waiting, or dodgy operators.

  32. #32Dusty2008-02-14 23:14

    they r great for snow and land prep

  33. #33BIGBEN20042008-02-15 08:42

    I use mine for just about any thing I can think of doing. They have so many attachments for them they can replace almost any special type of machines and at a better cost. Once you buy a skid steer you really start to wonder how you could live with out it.

  34. #34redkat2008-02-16 01:23

    thats if you can get attachments.........................nearly every type of attachment i try to get here i have trouble obtaining..................

  35. #35bonanno232008-02-19 20:52

    I use mine for just about everything, digging small foundations, grading, moving pallets of brick and sod, concrete/asphalt ripouts, demo and the list goes on. Here's a pic of my newest skid/loader

  36. #36stuvecorp2008-02-19 22:01

    Nice bucket, looks like that would dig.

  37. #37bobcat ron2008-02-19 23:03

    Good choice!

  38. #38bonanno232008-02-20 04:54

    thanks. yeah that bucket is great. it has bolt on cutting edges in 3 spots so there is less damage to the bucket. the pistons are almost double the size compared to my cat 287 with the 4 in 1

  39. #39icex2008-02-23 10:54

    I use my cat 236b to just play around with haha.. but if I do a job for someone then its leveling, gravel spreading or filling in. Right now a friend is renting it monthly until he buys one to load gravel and sell it.

  40. #40newbie2008-02-25 19:14

    I use mine everyday for feeding cows. I also use it alot for cleaning corrals, moving snow, and placing dirt as needed. Serv, is that an 1845C in your pics? I hear you on those machines just not knowing when to quit. As for the rest of you guys, who here prefers foot controls and who likes hand contols? I prefer the hand controls my self. I feel like I have way more contol with my hands than I do with my feet, even more so on rough ground.

  41. #41bonanno232008-02-25 20:20

    hand controls 110%. i will never go back. I feel like a retard using the hand/foot controls after using pilot contols.

  42. #42icex2008-02-25 20:50

    I like the foot throttle for control, but hand throttle when your traveling with it. It'll beat the hell out of you if your riding on rough terrane using the foot throttle, lol.

  43. #43Ohio Takeuchi2008-02-29 21:46

    Awesome TL150....... Very nice bucket. I have not seen one like that. Who makes it? Did you have them install a hydraulic quick tach? I have been putting them on all my cab units.

  44. #44Woodstock2008-02-29 21:56

    My John Deere 328 spends most of its time at the indian mound. I dig a few post holes, clear a little cedar, and do a little dirt work with it. Most of the time a play toy.

  45. #45bonanno232008-03-02 06:34

    Thanks. the bucket I have is an absolute animal. It has bolt on cutting edges at all the contact points, so you'll never damage the actual bucket. You can see it and all the other attachments they make at www.calmfg.com . I also have the extreme duty pallet forks. I only have the regular hand levers for switching buckets, but I have to get out to unhook the hoses anyway so its not a big deal.

  46. #46Tri-Star2008-03-02 21:20

    Every thing I use my 2003 T-300 for clearing, small foundations, moving building materials, loading trucks, clean up, finish work and about a million other things.

  47. #47Eric2008-03-02 22:33

    We have 2 buckets, an asphault miller, and soon to have a screening bucket. We just bought the Mc Claron tires and are thrilled with them. I swear that the ride is better too.

  48. #48Bobcatdaddy2008-03-05 21:23

    Hi Tri-Star how many sets of tracks have ya been thru i know a guy who has a T250 i love the machine but ive herd him and other people say that they dont like the tracks they say they wear out quick, do u have this same problem just curious i like the tracks myself but if its that exspensive i would rather get a big rubber tired machine and put the metal tracks on it!!

  49. #49bonanno232008-03-06 19:53

    Rubber tracks will last a long time if you use the machine for what its meant for. if you're going to run the machine in the road alot or over broken debree ( concrete,asphalt,metal ) a rubber track machine is not for you. I honetstly don't think you can compare a rubber track vs. a OTT metal track. 2 totally different ball games.

  50. #50Tri-Star2008-03-07 14:48

    Bobcatdaddy, My original set went for a little over 1500 hrs, second set a little over 600hrs (After market brand) just threw my money away!!!! 3rd set went back with bobcat brand, they do very well, cant complain a bit!!! Idlers and rollers are where they get you. Havent had to replace any rollers but both back idlers went at about 2500hrs, $850 each, wasnt very happy about that. Kinda highway robbery but other than that its a really good machine.

  51. #51BIGBEN20042008-03-07 14:58

    I like those tires. Are they lighter or heavier than a tire foam filled? I would consider them when I buy a wheeled machine. How pricey are they?

  52. #52southerndigger2008-03-07 15:05

    Its funny how everybodies price on parts is different. back idlers cost me$650 front $750 rollers$300 Tracks $2000 both sides all bobcat brand parts.

  53. #53cat3202008-03-07 15:08

    I was woundering where you got the mclearen tires. I know i got a call from them quoting $3800 for the smaller tires The 10 size . I have seen them on ebay for less. they clame to be great in all weather conditions plus the added benifite of being able to drive on sites with nails and demo and keep on going. I think they are a little to pricey for what they are. in my opion. I mean if tires for my machine cost $200 and rimcost $200 say for sake of argument so for $1600 you could get new tires and rimes . if it was closer to the 1600 I would get them but at this point cheaper to buy a spare with rim .

  54. #54Tri-Star2008-03-07 17:44

    Southerndigger looks like your getting off easy, OEM Bobcat tracks cost me $2600 per side! How many hours do you average on a set of tracks?

  55. #55Eric2008-03-07 21:16

    Hey Big Ben, That set of 4 was right at 3 grand. As for the weight compared to foam, I think they are lighter, just by moving them aroung and mounting them. So far so good, really happy with them.

  56. #56southerndigger2008-03-09 20:06

    I can get about 1200hrs on the tracks thats with me operating it but the workers they put 900hrs because they dont care so lets tear the bosses stuff up

  57. #57BIGBEN20042008-03-12 14:10

    Next time when you get tires will it be less since you already have the rims or do you have to send the rims in to have the rubber replaced on them or what?

  58. #58s1852008-03-12 15:05

    2007 S185 Hello All: I'm pretty new to this as well. I have a new s185 2 speed and I use it for landscaping. This new S185 is amazing. Great power for the size and not a ton of sound.

  59. #59Countryboy2008-03-12 19:59

    Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums s185! :drinkup

  60. #60Eric2008-03-12 23:13

    Good question Big Ben, I don't know. I'll find out and get back to you.

  61. #61s1852008-03-13 15:00

    Thanks !!!!!! :drinkup:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup:usa:usa:beerchug

  62. #62bundysgn2008-03-14 22:07

    everything who doesn't

  63. #63npisteve2008-03-16 15:24

    My Use I purchased an older 543 Bobcat to help with an addition I was building on my own house. Its only 48" wide - very handy. I moved foundation block, cement, dirt, tore out old retaining walls and hauled everything to the front of the house. I still have some landscaping to finish and then the wife wants it out of the driveway. I will miss it when its gone. Steve

  64. #64Dwan Hall2008-03-16 16:34

    Shouldn't that last line read "I will miss her when she is gone?"

  65. #65sparky2008-03-16 20:25

    A buddy of mine always says when your landscaping anything for yourself "never put the last bush in" :drinkup

  66. #66Abe03892008-03-27 19:57

    Landscaping and snow removal

  67. #67Abe03892008-03-27 20:03

    and we used it for manure

  68. #68ASPHALT042008-03-28 09:24

    My skidloader gets used pretty much for everything.......and even some things it shouldn't. I would definitely miss anyone who thinks it needs to go!:shf

  69. #69s1852008-03-30 21:07

    Hey Since we all live and die on the skidsteer. You all need ro check out the Quick Spade made by Paumco Products. I am so amazed with this product. HUGE HUGE time saver. www.paumco.com It saved me almost 3 hours on one rock wall. I already ripped up a tar driveway with it. It's built like a tank. Can't break it Check it out.\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

  70. #70ASPHALT042008-03-31 08:22

    How do your forks hold up to it? I bent the crap out of my forks placing a boulder wall ( Not the forks themselves but the top slide for the forks!) I had to make the forks stationary and boulders is all they get used for now.

  71. #71s1852008-03-31 09:08

    Asphalt04 I had the same problem before as you. I tried different fork companies time after time and never could find a good product. Once I found this product. The problem went away 100%. When I talked to the manufacture of the Quick Spade. They said this is one reason why they sell so many spades. They use a 5/16 chain from the Quick Spade. Rap it around the highest part of the main frame and then back to the Quick spade. This makes a triangle shape that will not allow our forks to bend anymore. We would have to break the 5/16 chain before our forks could bend. We all know how hard it is to break a 5/16 chain. But aways. I had the same problem as you all the time. Now I pick up a boulder twice the size I did before and don't even worry about my forks anymore. Another great way to use this product when building a boulder wall. You can use the spade to dig the shelf and get it perfect. Once you set the rock in place. I also use it to back fill so I don't have to shovel anymore. I can't believe I didn't have this product 10 years ago. It would have saved me a ton of time and money building walls and digging holes.

  72. #72ASPHALT042008-03-31 12:58

    s185, If you hook the chain out far enough does it work like a craddle to hold the boulder on the forks?

  73. #73s1852008-03-31 13:50

    Yes There are two units I guess. The quick spade and the quick spade combo. I picked up the quick spade combo. it fits onto the bucket or your forks. On the combo that i have it has a 1/2 plate that goes on the top side of your bucket. So when the rock wants to roll back it hits that plate and will hold it there. Which helps alot when you move around. Like when i use the forks the rock falls off all the time. It's nice. I also asked Chad at Paumco Products of what other products they are coming out with. he said they have a clamping system that goes right onto your forks that you will be able to use to hold rocks, carry brush, move logs, lift hay bails and even hold dirt onto you quick spade. I can't wait for that to come out. I already order one from them. he said he would call when model is done. They also have a grab bucket. You don't have to buy the whole bucket. You can just slide this unit into your bucket, bolt it on and you have a grab bucket for holding rocks bigger then 3 inches. I haven't seen pictures of that yet. They are a pretty cool company. If it's built the the spades. It will last because they didn't cut any cost on material. He said the US groverment just order 11,000 quick spade combos from them for the army. I'm glad I got mine already.

  74. #74pc40chas2008-04-01 20:35

    skid usage waterproofing, clean up, sometimes i feel its a track loader

  75. #75Big Jake2008-04-11 09:19

    We got 3 of 'em at work, one with forks, and the other two equipped with grapples for handling scrap

  76. #76ShankFarm2008-05-20 20:59

    One of those - "How did I ever do without it" Recently purchased a 753 BobCat and find it the perfect companion for my typical weekend jobs. Leveling stone for a new driveway - pulling posts to convert an old horse pasture into a par 3 golf course --- at least that is the dream - lots of work yet to do

  77. #77B1G DIG2008-05-23 08:51

    nice tracked bobcat mate she looks good

  78. #78jaw56856@yahoo.2008-05-27 12:23

    Mostly lawn work, some light demo

  79. #79BIGDAN3152008-05-27 21:42

    I use mine to put stone in trenches in leach fields. I can get it and the mini excavator both on my trailer so it saves a trip. It's great in tight places where a backhoe can't get. I also use it in resurfacing stone drive ways, have a towable roller that is clevised to the bucket for compaction. Now that I own one and used it allot I can't see how I survived with out it....:beatsme

  80. #80TGT2008-08-26 15:13

    Everything I use mine for just about anything. yard grading, moving gravel, filling in holes snowplowing, moving pallets!! Thats just some of it to much to list

  81. #81floridaboy2008-08-26 20:00

    question does anyone know the advantages and disadvanages between the t250 and t300 on there type of booms. one is radius lift and one is vertical lift

  82. #82OneToughAnimal2008-08-28 03:04

    Wow, what a great way to make an enormous endless forum haha... Id have to say that most of us would agree that a skid loader, track or tire, is arguably the most versatile machine you can buy, i use skid steers/track loaders for EVERYTHING from grading to sod installation to dirt moving (small scale) to adding/removing duels on our tractors to carrying stuff around the yard to snow removal. When bobcat is making 80+ attachments and every other skid steer making company not far behind that and aftermarkets making everything in between, its safe to say a skid steer can become a large or small scale of almost any machine ever made.

  83. #83Jesse2008-09-01 17:02

    We had a t-300 and did about anything we needed to on our jobs. 8811 backhoe, 8' dozer blade, landscape rake. The machine did everything (within reason, barely) that I asked of it. We do alot of septic jobs and when the homeowner sees the versatility of your ctl they come up with a laundry list of extras for us to do. We traded in and just got our new t-320 on friday along with 2 more attachments. This is my biggest problem with skidsteers, attachment transporting.

  84. #84insleyboy2008-09-01 21:07

    We use case 420's and bobcats very similar in size. We use the heck out of them. Currently we cut holes (called doorsheets) in the side of crudeoil, gasoline, jet fuel exc...storage tanks after they have been cleaned of course. The opening is just tall enough to allow the skidsteer to enter the tank. we use them to pour concrete in the ringwalls and footings under the tank.We will use them to drag 20 foot pieces of the old steel flooor out where a loader with forks will deposit them in dumpsters.We use them to bring in buck by bucket of many semi loads of sand for the new base to go under the new floor.They then very carefully drag in the new floor pieces to be welded together on top of the new sand .We have 10 or 15 skid-steers. Very handy in low profile areas around the refinery I work at!

  85. #85digger4u222008-09-19 04:42

    backfill grading concrete prep work snow removal

  86. #86lawnranger2008-09-21 04:00

    I finish grade, rock rake, and lay sod with mine

  87. #87Bytec2008-12-27 17:48

    Hi .. We do laser grading with our Cat 277B. But we change it in January to th 279C cause the undercarriage wheels are damaged. 277B with laser system Bytec

  88. #88nate2008-12-28 21:31

    Just this weekend I am the proud owner of a bobcat 753 with the 709 backhoe. Already used it to dig out a couple of stumps and plan to start the excavation of a slab for a workshop this new years. Nate

  89. #89timtim2008-12-28 23:30

    currently can't use my skid steer and tryin to post a thread to get some help, but the site admin wont allow it, so hopefully someone will read this and be able to give me some info. I have a 743b that wont start/run. It is having fuel problems. I have traced the problem back to the tank, and am currently trying to figure out if there is an electric fuel pump or if the fuel system relies purely on compression to keep the fuel moving. The beast died mid plow 2 days ago, 'cause the valve attached to the valve distributor had rattled closed. Opened it back up and the thing ran another 1 1/2 hours and I parked it. I started it yesterday, and she fired right up... let her warm for a few minutes and then tried backin it out, and it died. I have checked everything from the injectors all the way to the tank, removing the fuel filter in the process, and now i can not get fuel back into the line to the filter. I have used compressed air into the tank, to see if it would force fuel down the line, and nothing. I think the problem might be clogged pick up lines or a failed pump, but without a manual or the 75 dollars some people want for one, I am at a standstill. Please help if you know of anything that I can do to solve this issue Thanks

  90. #90BLconst2008-12-31 00:34

    The mans swiss army knife.... Asphalt grinding, concrete breaking, backhoe attachment, grading, the finer the better, sorting rubble, sweeping, asphalt patching. Best attchment ever: pick up broom and bradco "skelton" bucket Cat 287b cat 268b cat 226b cat pc 205, bh30, Ub breaker, sweepster broom

  91. #91rlorenzen2008-12-31 10:11

    We just bought an old skid steer to use in our landscaping company.

  92. #92139er2009-01-01 16:40

    I use mine for firewood processing, site prep for concrete, landscaping, snow removal. All I've got is a heavy duty bucket and pallet forks and a Gehl 4610 with over 3500 hours on it. The possibilities are pretty much endless with these machines, especially with the new tracked machines.

  93. #93bluntman410g2009-01-02 14:22

    use ours for backfilling, snow removal, forklift, you can do alot of tasks with a skid.

  94. #94dngrdave20002009-01-19 16:36

    Did you get your sawmill? I have the parts to make a 54" circle mill, bought it a few years back but didn't do anything with it and now my Dad has bought a timber king. I have about $3K invested...

  95. #95dngrdave20002009-01-19 16:47

    We have two Case 1845C's and a 1814. Much easier to list what we don't do with them... a) mow the lawn b) pick up anything over 3k lbs (for that we use the Hyster)

  96. #96bobcat7532009-02-11 15:20

    Right now all I use mine for is snow removal. Have a bucket, blade and snowblower for it. Would love to get into doing some odd jobs with it come spring, not sure what I could do with at attachments I have now and which ones would be the best to do and most versitile.

  97. #97mistersweeper2009-02-14 23:43

    I use my A300 bobcat for stumpgrinding, landscaping, snow removal, getting out of the house

  98. #98yamahauler2009-02-20 12:07

    clean up around my race track redoing jumps fastes thing I fount to do small jobs

  99. #99TD-82009-02-25 21:02

    how do you use your skid steer? How do ya'll use your skid steers? I know several people who use them for cleaning out barns or around job sites, but what is their place on your job site? luke:usa

  100. #100td25c2009-02-26 10:35

    Let's see.It's a bulldozer,high-lift,backhoe,fork lift,and I also have a winch attachment .They have alot of ability.

  101. #101bonanno232009-02-26 19:42

    backfill trenches, grade, ripout concrete/asphalt, dig a hole, you name it.

  102. #102mistersweeper2009-02-26 22:42

    What don't I use my skidsteer for ! Stump grinding, digging, leveling, loading, snowblowing, ....

  103. #103john10662009-02-27 21:50

    We have a bobcat 463 with bucket forks 36" grapple bucket and making a box pusher for it. we use that for interior demo and other odd jobs that the other 3 are too big for also works great with our 301.6. then we have a cat 248 high flow a 287 and 277b for them we have a rock saw brush mower angle broom 78" grapple bucket power angle plows snow pushers forks snow buckets and for the 287 an 8' snowblower. we use them for pretty much everthing you can think of I think the longer you own them the more you think of doing with them. i used the 287 one time to dig out a recharge system in someones back yard behind their pool my dad came by to see how i was doing and asked where the machine was i was about to dig about 50 feet long and about 9 feet deep in a couple hours. and carry the material out of the back yard and load the ten wheeler in the drive way.

  104. #104yamahauler2009-02-28 05:42

    use mine to dress up jumps on motorcross track load and dig just about anything

  105. #105Squizzy246B2009-02-28 06:39
  106. #106Steve Frazier2009-02-28 14:11

    I merged the new thread here.

  107. #107Dusan2009-03-01 13:11

    I use one (not mine) for mucking out Cow sheds (using a modified tractor scraper) and for putting new sand in the cow stalls where i work. Spends most of its life up to its axles in cow **** in other words! Something a bit different Dush

  108. #108brt2009-03-02 00:46

    I plan to use my recently purchased 763 for personal use (snow removal and some yard projects). The neighbors have seen it and seem to be overly friendly. The next snowfall will probably have them offering me anything to remove their snow. I've also had a few inquiries about actually doing some work in the neighborhood for real money.

  109. #109DavidLevin2009-03-02 06:59

    Can anyone help me understand the tire/tracks option for skid steers?

  110. #110dgr2009-03-05 22:01

    we use our bobcat for loading fish on a live tanker truck with a net on the forks.have pictures can't post.

  111. #111Ragweed2009-10-12 22:13

    plan on using mine for landscaping

  112. #112luv2campnfloat2009-10-13 11:38

    u never know what folks will use their machines for! Ours is more like a really expensive garden tractor with a bucket!

  113. #113joestewart2009-10-15 16:30

    I have a Mustang 960. I use it for general purpose dirt moving on our rural property. I have a hook welded to the bucket and also use it for lifting. Sometimes I borrow a grapple and move felled trees with it.

  114. #114unclejoe2009-10-17 09:16

    I just bought my GEHL 4615 and trying to clean up around my small farm using a root rake grapple and smooth bucket but am working through a few mechanical issues which I will need some help with later.

  115. #115Toreq2009-10-18 10:51

    test....no content test.........no comment

  116. #116Toreq2009-10-18 10:55

    Who uses a dozer blade I think that I want a 96" dozer blade for my mustang mtl 80. Will it work well enoughto justify the expense?

  117. #117jav2009-10-27 08:03

    Nothing yet- still rebuilding but the plan is snow removal and general yard work.

  118. #118brianpepper012009-10-27 10:52

    I use mine around the house and my families houses. I have had it a week and allready regraded a yard, put in a new driveway, dug a boat ramp down to the creek, knocked down a old 12'x24' gazebo, junked an old car, and pushed over some 30' pine trees roots and all. This thing has allready paid for itself!

  119. #119isndldy2009-10-28 15:42

    Hi I am new to this website and cannot post my question until I reply 3 times so i would like to apologize in advance for taking up space for someone who could answer your question. I hope I am doing this right

  120. #120sahmwh2009-12-30 09:01

    Moving hay, trenching water lines, excavating, drilling post holes ... almost everything

  121. #121Glen Bell2009-12-30 21:13

    Here's one not yet mentioned: I pulled my well pump out and replaced with new one recently, way easier to lift 300' of water line, wire, rope and all that out of the hole than by hand. Also snow, dirt, stumps, makng friends with the neighbors (plow their drives too), all the usual....:cool2