Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What does “sub for” mean in JD Parts manual

CTDEEREGUY ยท 2016-05-27 21:57

I assume it means substitute correct? so in the below example, is JD saying these parts are interchangeable? AH212096 BORE REPAIR KIT (SUB FOR AH149843 REPAIR KIT)

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042016-05-27 21:59

    It usually means AH149843 is no longer made, and AH212096 is the new number

  2. #2El Hombre2016-05-27 22:50

    OSI catalog; obsolete, superseded, interchange. It's where you look when your beast gets down the road in years.

  3. #3hookedondiesel2016-05-28 06:47

    My guess would be "SUBstitute".

  4. #4fast_st2016-05-28 06:56

    Yep, it means your original part isn't available or is going away, pick up the new kit which might include a mix of parts, some that you don't use. Now not to plug anyone yet, I picked up a similar kit, (stuff the number in ebay) place called reliableaftermarket, what arrived is a made in usa kit from bulldog with all the right parts, I'm putting it in tomorrow but it was 25% of JD's price, I'm starting to think my local dealer is stuffing it to me, might have to have a word with them.

  5. #5CTDEEREGUY2016-05-28 07:50

    fast_st Its funny you mention reliableaftermarket, the seal kits I bought didn't have the correct size o-ring...this was a real pain because I had the gland opened up on a table when I discovered this. I triple checked the JD parts manual and I'm certain the correct part number was order....that's the story behind by original post here.....I was planning on doing 4 cylinders this weekend, bore and rod seal replacement....looks like my kits are incomplete.

  6. #6CTDEEREGUY2016-05-28 07:52

    thanks for everyone's input....substitution it is