Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What does this warning light mean

josephny ยท 2022-06-26 12:54

This warning light comes on only when the tracks are engaged. I can be working the boom hard and no warning light comes on. As soon as I move the sticks a tiny bit, the light comes on. I thought it was engine oil, but the level is fine. What does it mean and what I should I do?

Replies10
  1. #1kshansen2022-06-26 13:18

    Well did a search and found this link: http://www.numeralkod.com/cross/symbology.pdf In it I scrolled down and found this on page 23 I think: I'm thinking that means air filter in Cat speak!

  2. #2Kobelco ireland2022-06-26 16:02

    Restricted air filter

  3. #3kshansen2022-06-26 16:08

    It would be too easy if they worded like that!

  4. #4josephny2022-06-26 17:36

    Wow! Bingo! Even though the icon is slightly different, that's what it was -- sort it. I took the outer and inner filters out and blew them clean (but remembered that they were changed recently). Then I had a more careful look and I saw that the air intake for the filter housing was a metal piece with a downward facing opening with a grill in it. I put my fingers on it and it was completely clogged with that clay-dirt and grease mixture that forms in places. Cleaned it up and problem solved! Thank you so much!

  5. #5CM19952022-06-26 20:13

    That's not a Cat monitor.

  6. #6kshansen2022-06-27 07:30

    Was not sure of the brand but figured it was close enough for this job!

  7. #7John C.2022-06-27 09:10

    Komatsu Dash 7 monitor panel.

  8. #8Nige2022-06-27 10:00

    IMHO it means that you should consider getting hold of an Operator & Maintenance Manual at your earliest possible opportunity. John C might be able to indicate a method of getting hold of one.

  9. #9Welder Dave2022-06-28 03:19

    It really, really helps if you list what make and model of machine and the serial number if you're looking for help troubleshooting a machine. Lots of very knowledgeable people on here but they aren't mind readers.

  10. #10josephny2022-06-29 04:37

    Thank you -- will do.