Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What every wearing for a waterproof jacket .

bigrich954rr · 2019-12-12 19:20

I need a new jacket what’s ever one wearing for a water proof and rip proof jacket . need some that will last and would be nice if I could wipe grease off of it some what easy.

Replies7
  1. #1_Weldman_2019-12-13 14:04

    This is what I use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GHC2XS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It rains here 212 days a year with about 7 days a year of snow or more. Kept me warm in Montana weather too and I turn wrenches, so far so good on holding up, afraid to weld in it.

  2. #2Blocker in MS2019-12-22 08:54

    Spud Monkey, I used to get one of those jackets new a year. They are great to weld in if you wear real gauntlet style welding gloves. I have a bad habit of wearing regular leather work gloves and the spatter will take out the elastic cuffs on that style Carhartt hince the new jacket every year.

  3. #379Miner2019-12-22 19:45

    I like the Viking Journeyman 300D FR for a rain jacket. Flame resistant as well. I also have the bib pants. For warmth I dress in layers underneath. A big part of keeping them waterproof is washing them properly. Grease and oil will wreak havoc on one. Wash with special detergent made for waterproof jackets. Can’t think of the name offhand. https://www.amazon.com/Viking-Professional-Journeyman-Waterproof-Resistant/dp/B00LJVN5RO

  4. #479Miner2019-12-22 19:49

    Nikwax is the stuff for washing. https://www.amazon.com/Nikwax-Softshell-Cleaning-Waterproofing-Duo-Pack/dp/B000PGS254

  5. #5_Weldman_2019-12-23 01:41

    I would be doing the same thing, gauntlet gloves are hard to weld in can't really move your hands/fingers as needed in certain circumstances.

  6. #6Blocker in MS2019-12-23 20:34

    I have a FR rated Carhartt that is sort of the same as what you posted there but the elastic cuffs are up inside the sleeves. I think it is quite a bit more expensive than the style you posted....found mine the only one on the rack and also no price. I asked and clerk said same price as the rest. “Are you sure you want to do that, I am sure it is more expensive”. Anyway, it is here now, but hardly gets cold enough to wear it more than a couple times a year.

  7. #7Blocker in MS2019-12-23 20:50

    I dug it out of the closet in case it helps....