We are considering buying a 12-13000 pound machine. I know nothing about the smaller hoes. I have only had experience with the full size hoes. I am partial to Kobelco and John deere. So lets hear it..........................
Kobelco or Deere for sure, I would like to try out the new Deere 60. Also the Kubota KX161 is a nice little hoe, you can get the angle blade on it which is a nice feature.
Don't forget to try a Tak, if possible.
Which ever dealer offers the best parts and service. It's going to break sometime, who treats you the best. Also try them all out, with the economy like it is and if you are looking at a new one get a demo and see if you like it. If you are buying used, go with the one whose dealer looks after you. We changed gears and got a Komatsu PC78, nice machine but that particular dealer is not very large and getting parts is a pain. Cat or JD, no problem.
we wouldnt trade our tak for anything...our tb175 is a bit bigger than what you are looking for but a tb135 would be right up your alley...
I'd go Kubota, Deere, then TAK. Kubota builds a solid machine. Me using a 161 clearing land for a friend. I usually dress a little more professional for actual jobs.
What the hell is wrong with the way you are dressed. I wear shorts flip flops and no shirt half of the time. I generally try to wear a shirt though.
I have two takeuchis 2003 125 & 2005 53 Have had no problems. Wish they would have angle blade option.
I dont think Kobelco makes a 12,000 lbs machine. We have a sr45-2 (now its called a 50) which is the biggest mini i think they make. I think the next size is the 70 which is around 16,000 lbs. But i also would check out a Tak.
Ya you are right on the Kobelcos
my 35c and 50zts
I'd go with the Deere. Wait a minute I did !!!
I am on my second 12.5K TK machine. TheTB153FR is strong machine that runs much stronger than you would expect for a machine of this size. It specs with most 16K machines and the side to side boom is a great feature. You need to demo one to appreciate just how valuable the side to side boom is.
The Deere 60D would fit in that range but Deere has just come out a few months ago with a(n) 85D. Its a little heavier but not much difference size wise. I always wished deere would have come out with the 60 size machine when they starting making the 50's but now that the 85 came out this close with the 60 I believe i will buy the 85. It all depends on the price difference between the two. Either machine would complment the CT332 or fill the need. I guess it all depends on what you are going to do with it and what you're going to hall it with?? As far as manufacture its a pretty close race between tak,kub, and deere. And since you like kobelco's you might find a better deal on a case/new holland/ same thing as you probly know. I guess which ever dealer is closest and good on parts.:thumbsup
Deere, Deere and then Deere I have a 27c zts and love it.
Cat = Serviceability better engineering
I used a TAK for about 6 mos on a couple diff jobs. I was very happy with it. Hyd were quick and lots of power. I think it was a tb145 not sure. Demo'd a kubota last year. Was impressed, that ole a/c blew me out of the cab. I really liked the angle blade as well. Bobcat, they are ok but the hyd are slow and we had one that the major welds broke and nearly fell in half. Do not know anything bout cat or deere. I m quite certain that they are great as well.
Kubota'a are certainly worth a try plus here in the UK all new Kubota machines come with a 3 year warranty and an immoboliser integrated into the keys as standard (not sure whether this is worldwide though)
What part of VA are you in
hour or so east of richmond
anyone have opinions on Yanmar?
Deere 50D Deere here!!!!!:drinkup:usa
Good machine with a great warranty
If you click on "Search" at the top then "Advanced Search" you can pull up Yanmar in Compact Equipment section. Plenty of discussion on the various mini-ex brands.....I believe it is Dirtman2007 that has a new Yanmar 55-5. I have the 27-3.
Well known for their short and zero tailswing models - modern line up of new models at the mo. Plus their engine's are used by other manufacturers such as Neuson and IHI.
and Hitachi....Takeuchi and a bunch of others
Nice little 50D :drinkup U likin it so far??
Sure do!!!!!!! It's a winner for what i use it for:usa
How about the volvo's Any opinions on the volvo mini's? I'm looking at a 2004 EC35.
The older models seem to be a bit dated as far as looks and overall performance goes. (the ECR range are the newest models) They do dig really well though!!!!
I am personally a Komatsu man. I love our little Komatsu. it is a PC 15-2 Japanese (gray market machine. it weighs about #7000). If I was going to buy a late model machine, i would get a PC-50 or PC-75. luke
JD = Hitachi, Cat = Mitsubishi, Case=Kobelco. NH = Shcaeff/Terex. IHI, Kubota, Tak, Komatsu, and everything else, along with the first three = money to Japan, Korea, etc. Bobcat = made in North Dakota. No matter, they will all dig a hole. Good dealer means happy customer. Avoid gray markets unless you like throw aways, or you like buying parts online and can read Japanese.
NH=Kobelco as well as CASE. The Schaeff machines have been gone for sometime. Bobcats are made in North Dakota but the money ends up in Korea. I suspect by the time it is all over, very little will be built in ND. BC's mini ex is very much in danger of getting replaced by Doosan's miniex. BC sat on their hands for far too long. They owned the mini ex market in NA for a long time. It was theirs to lose.
i guess they'll join everyone else and became an equipment veneer mfg. kind of sad really. hopefully they'll keep their dealer network strong, i know jd is pushing the ag dealers towards big corporate stores rather than mom-n-pops. does anyone know who makes the vermeer or ditch witch?? they look kind of cheap to me. maybe yanmar?? there are more mx choices than items on a mexican restaurant menu. i think i'll have number 39, hold the guacamole
Here in the UK we are now getting chinese imports from the likes of Yuchai and Nante.
I hope I am wrong. Having grown up less then 100 miles from both BC plants in ND it would be devastating to lose those jobs. DW is Komatsu I believe. I cant remember who builds Vermeers machine but its overseas.
I think IHI has one of the best mini Exc. out there, they have a beefy built machine with lots of power, we rent these out were i work and we have a fleet of them and they hold up very well. I would buy one of these over a Cat or a John Deere.
My first mini ex was an IHI. I have nothing but good things to say about them. The service I got from the factory was excellent. I would likely still run IHI except it was easy to trade machines through the TK dealer. I still think the IHI control system is one of the best in the industry. Certainly better than what TK uses, which is not bad but it isn't as good as the IHI.
I rented the 304C CR last week to cut a sloped driveway in, to dig a trench for a retaining wall, and to load my F-450 dump and I loved it so much, already looking for one to purchase this summer, waiting to find one cheap at a Auction. I say go with the CAT...
Anyone know who has side shift booms in this size machine. I have a Hanix sb580 that I'm trying to replace but can't find this option.
m series Bobcats The new m series bobcats are doosan's. I work for a dealer they just came out like this month. I havent researched to see how many if any will remain bobcat. Example 430 is now a E35