Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What fluids to use for a 955L????????

Cliffj59 ยท 2011-05-17 06:41

I need to know what kind of fluids I need to use in my 955L... Motor oil Transmission Hydraulics I have a 30 gallon drum of grease Chevron NLGI-2 that I'm going to use This unit has fluid in it but everything is low and I want t top it off. Will it hurt to mix diffrent kinds of fluids? The previous owner is deceased now so I can't ask him and the estate that sold it dosn't know the history of it.

Replies2
  1. #1AllDodge2011-06-05 20:05

    10W is used for hydraulics 30W for tranny I use 15W-40 for the engine but the book says 30W

  2. #2halfshack2012-01-24 00:03

    any old cat stuff we have, we used 15w 40w in all, motor, trans, hyd. our new stuff is like the 10w hyd, i have a 955h 60a. 15w 40w in all,