Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What happened to TC’s “using a bit of muscle (hydraulic)” thread???

OldandWorn ยท 2013-12-03 23:15

I can't find it....

Replies30
  1. #1alrman2013-12-04 00:04

    Strange .... I can't find it either..... I posted on it a few hours ago & the history of that post in my log does not show up as well ???? Guess he hasn't payed the rent Hope the mods can find it - shame to lose a diary like that!

  2. #2tctractors2013-12-04 02:19

    Well if its gone "its Gone" I can always start a new one??? perhapse someone pulled out a plug or something??? as for Rent well we all dodge it if we can?? I did have a similar thing going on another site once titled Bill Glenns Classic Plant only to have some member on the site belly-ache, it was not the moaner that gauled me it was the fact that not 1 other member said anything to support me regarding his rather rude and ill placed comment, so I kicked things in to touch there, this Site is very well controlled with a Global appeal to people interested in yellow paint??? tctractors

  3. #3dirty4fun2013-12-04 04:33

    I hope you do start a new one tc I have enjoyed looking and reading about what you are doing. Be nice if it returned as there are a lot interesting stuff there.

  4. #4OldandWorn2013-12-04 05:31

    I saw your post in my e-mail and realized the thread was gone when I clicked on the link to read it. It has also been removed from my subscription list. Wow!....what a fantastic top shelf thread.:notworthy I hope it's just hovering out there in cyberspace waiting for a slash or dot to be fixed.

  5. #5Nige2013-12-04 05:55

    Someone send a PM to Steve Frazier maybe..?

  6. #6digger242j2013-12-04 06:37

    Yesterday, around 5 p.m., my time, I tried the site and couldn't connect, due to a "database error". It only lasted a little while, and then I was able to get on again. I didn't think much of it since it had apparently fixed itself, but obviously there's some hidden damage. The tech shall be notified. Anybody notice anything else missing?

  7. #7digger242j2013-12-04 07:51

    Hey, I don't have time to do this, because I have to actually work for a living, but if somebody wants to try to recover that thread, google the title, in quotes. You'll get it as the top result, and at the bottom, the option to see the similar results that were omitted from the search. There's a little "down" arrowhead at the end of the first line below the title link, which will show you the cached version, as it appeared here yesterday. I didn't look to see if all 39 pages are there, but it seems most of them are... Link to the google search to make it easier: https://www.google.com/#filter=0&q=%22using+a+bit+of+muscle+(hydraulic)%22

  8. #8D6 Merv2013-12-04 15:49

    I think you have plenty of followers :notworthy all over the world Tony. And you,d be more than welcome in any of there homes. The 'firm' needs to save abit of coin so it can travel around the world to visit some other countrys to meet your followers !! And just think your pommy pounds will double if you convert them to pacific pesos to visit kiwiland, trip will be only 'half' price ! Merry Christmas Tony and all other 'followers' of the yellow [ and orange and red] faiths :drinkup merv

  9. #9ron542013-12-05 13:58

    I will second that emotion.....probably just a glitch can't imagine TC saying anything to cause offence.

  10. #10Nige2013-12-05 14:46

    A glitch in the Matrix perhaps ..............

  11. #11Steve Frazier2013-12-05 17:18

    Can anyone definitively remember when they saw this thread last?

  12. #12Nige2013-12-05 17:39

    I posted on that thread on Sunday December 2nd. I'm sure others posted on it after me.

  13. #13CM19952013-12-05 18:35

    I received an email notification that Mitch504 has posted to the thread on Dec. 2. Didn't click on the link then but when I came across this thread (Dec 3) went back through and found the email, clicked and no thread found.

  14. #14OldandWorn2013-12-05 18:51

    The last post was made on 12/03 (Tuesday) at 3:34 PM eastern time.

  15. #15Steve Frazier2013-12-05 20:39

    Thank you, I'll pas that on to our tech.

  16. #16nicky 68a2013-12-06 01:46

    if you find T.C's thread, you might find Lord Lucan riding Shergar chasing after Walter Mitty and the answer to the million Dollor question! Has everybody checked their garden sheds and dustbins.It's probably in a D6 belly plate or something along with his missing 9/16'' spanner.! Seriously though.hope it gets found.best of luck.

  17. #17Nige2013-12-06 08:01

    And there was me thinking I was the only person who had to buy 9/16" spanners by the dozen because I lost them so often .........

  18. #18Steve Frazier2013-12-06 14:28

    That's because the truck driver has taken it to adjust his brakes!

  19. #19oregon96pd2013-12-07 20:07

    That's not even funny....f&$%ing truck driver's

  20. #20partsandservice2013-12-08 07:51

    The best way to keep up with a 9/16 "spanner", buy three, put two in the tool box, throw the third one out through the bushes, you will then know where that third one is !!!

  21. #21Randy882013-12-08 19:24

    Is there a post limit on threads? Just curious and thought I'd ask, as for 9/16th wrenches, I keep a 9/16 and 1/2 inch on my person at all times, that way I know were they are at and nobody can lose them but me, but while on the subject who has all my 7/8th's and why the heck did they leave me with a couple dozen 5/8ths I never use.

  22. #22Check Break2013-12-16 01:34

    It's coming up on two weeks and Tony's thread still has not been restored. Can anyone shed any light on this. Was it deleted intentionally. If not, will it be restored.

  23. #23Steve Frazier2013-12-16 01:47

    We honestly don't have an answer yet. No one here deleted the thread, this is the first time this has happened since the Board began. If it is at all possible to restore the thread we will, our tech is still trying to figure it out. I'm just as concerned as everyone else, and certainly want to prevent something like this from happening again!

  24. #24OldandWorn2013-12-16 03:33

    I looked in the HEF picture folder and all of the pics that I posted in TC's thread are still there. I was hoping to find the link ID but that is missing from the pictures. As Digger mentioned, all of the pages are still cashed in Google but is there a way to get them back into HEF?

  25. #25OldandWorn2013-12-16 06:29

    I meant to say, the picture links are probably still there but they take you to TC's invalid thread and not to a page where you can see the pic and link #.

  26. #26Check Break2013-12-16 10:23

    Thanks for the update.

  27. #27Richardjw~2013-12-30 04:39

    Steve, Is there any news on the resurrection of TC's thread?......its unfortunate that only his has disappeared after all the input he's made Can you or your bods do anything?

  28. #28nicky 68a2013-12-30 12:37

    He has a 'new plan of attack' I believe.something to do with sprocket pulling on Cat and Komatsu's.We better watch out for it.

  29. #29Richardjw~2013-12-30 13:36

    ahhh good.......miss the updates

  30. #30tctractors2013-12-30 13:53

    Nicky, so a Comet flys past a bit close, you just have to be thankfull its only mucked up something on't Tinterweb, as I can I will start a bit of a line on jobs past and jobs on the go, this might bring about a few snaps already posted but I cannot remember just what I have posted??? with the hope that other people might add some common interest and a few pic's, finaly wishing everyone on H.E.F. a happy and healthy new year ahead. tctractors