Getting a little slow here lately go ahead and speculate I will tell the truth later!
A few more
Cool stuff.What is the gig with being "connected" in your first pic to that electric pole?
Not connected, it's just the angle of the picture. The insulator is hiding behind that long white cylinder.....
That is a prototype SOILMEC drill all electric. Deliver to job and utility company comes out and hard wires that bad boy into the grid
I love all these new hybrid machines!!!
So, whats with all the hydraulic lines running back from the vibratory to the crane? Is the crane buying 'hydro' power from the utility? LOL That is one monster vibratory hammer hanging on the crane though. Your electrical connection is connected to a lousy spot. The Kelly Bar on the SOILMEC that is attached to goes down as the hole gets deeper. Still waiting for the truth.
The lines are close to that particular pier. We wait for the all clear from the utility company,I hope they have a great lock out tag out within their company. This whole week we cannot work on the levee because the utility company said they were not shutting that line off. Pier cans are 135' feet in length then bored another 10 feet into the shale. When finished add Re-bar and a little concrete and the holes will be done!
Picture four is drilling the piers at the rivers edge. American 9310 with fixed drill attachment, M-250 in series 3 on barge lift crane. picture 1-2 and 5 are vibratory hammer. picture six is the weld line of pier on levee. These cans came in 2 pieces.Approx 65 feet apiece.Picture seven outer can is used to keep first 35 feet from collapsing while boring the hole.
how heavy is the vibro hammer set up. 40,000#?
Yes really close 70,000lbs
I bought some wind chimes the other day. Cannot find anywhere around the house to hang them.
When I was picking up the chimes I had them about 3/4 the way up and of course there had to be a few chiefs there. I wish I had a picture of their faces. They had the oh crap are we are not going to have enough head room look on their faces! Rod buster told me yea you dont lay that mess down with out reordering new material. I did not question that statement, figured those were words of experience! The older I get Stay tuned same Bat time, Same Bat channel
Well they repossessed the corner office with a view. I have upgraded to a Cubicle with a window California is begging for a drink, We have a river that is up and cannot work in that. Question for all, When you are boring a hole in the river and you get the bit stuck under the casing and the casing is oh lets say about 150 feet down in the river. whatcha gonna do? Oh yea bad luck happens on occations.
Self erecting Manitowoc, gotta love it....