So I acquired a Case 1845C, which I'm not familiar with Case skid steers, and the guy I got it from said it was the standard universal type. I have forks from a CAT and they will not go on. Has anyone ever seen this type of quick attach? Oh yeah, its in the locked position now. Yeah you read that right, the arms go up, the pins go down. So when the arms are pushed down like a normal quick attach, the pins come up releasing the bucket. I'm not hallucinating, I promise. Trying to figure out what to do here as I have CAT forks and a CAT auger that I will need to use in the future.
Lol, quick attaches are not as standard or universal as you might believe. I've had the same problem. My pallet forks switch to the S650 just fine, but my bucket and snow plow, don't come close. But enough about my issues. 1845c use 3 different quick attaches. That doesn't look like any of them. So I'm guessing it's probably from an aftermarket company or the guy fabricated his own. So it's possible the handles can go in any position or things are out of spec. Either way, there isn't going to be canned answer for this. You'll just have to diagnose it, so.. What doesn't work right now? Does the top lip not fit into the upper bar on the forks or does it have to do with the pins not engaging the holes at the bottom of the forks. Also what is the the center to center pin spacing on your machine and on the forks?
The handles are on wrong sides. Flip them from left to right.
Never mind...that wont reverse the handle operation. As for interchange, my cat, Bob at, and case toys all have multiple slots at bottom interface to accommodate the various latch pin centers among the manufacturers.
Thank you guys for the responses, but it stumps me. I measured the other day and if my memory is correct the pins were on 33.5" and the overall width was 44". It looks like it should fit my CAT forks but it doesn't. It's hard to describe but the plate doesn't fit flush against the surface of the CAT forks at the bottom. I can't check the pin locations because the forks sit out away from the quick attach plate on the machine if that makes since. The craziest thing to me was the handles working backwards from every skid steer I've ever seen. Heymcall I was thinking the handles were on backwards but looking at it there is no way to flip it. I was just hoping someone was familiar with this type of hookup, but sounds like it's not a factory Case unit.
I just went and measured mine. The are 33.5" between the pin centers. So that doesn't sound like your problem. On the standard case quick attach, there is a large bar connecting the right and left sides. Mine was loose when I got the machine and it allowed the right and left side to get out of plane with each other. One had more tilt than the other. that made it hard to lock in the pin on one side. Looking at your quicktach, that center bar looks very small. Might be worth checking that. I've got the inline handles on mine. I spent a lot of time looking into how to convert them to side ways levers. It's not as easy to get the handles to flip the correct way given the space limitations on my quicktach. Not without a lot more work. And in looking at aftermarket one, I've seen one that flipped like your. I've also seen one that flipped right to left on the top of the quicktach. In the end it doesn't matter as long as the lock into position. I'd probably just paint them bright red so you don't trip on them getting out of the machine.
Phil you are the man. I've had a bucket on it most of the time and didn't realize how out of line the left and right sides of the the QA plate actually were. Clearly this is the problem. Hopefully when I remove the middle bar and replace it with something that doesn't look like a dogs back leg my problem will be fixed. Of course my handles will still point up when my attachments on but maybe I can get used to that. I'm just wondering what the previous owner was doing in order to bend that? I would like to think that's a chore to do that kind of damage, what did the implement look like afterword would be my next question.
If there's room....I think I would try to find a pipe that fits tight over that rod, straighten the rod and weld the pipe on it.
Looking at the poor wielding on the loader arms, I think this machine has been hacked up and is not OEM. Looks like a mess. Perhaps simply enough to fix, but I would try try to go back to the HD OEM type adaptor plate. Might be able to find used parts on the net.
There's a lot of hydraulic force in the tilt and without an attachement, the center bar is the only thing keeping then in plane. Most likely, the bar was bent while trying to hook up to an attachment and not being lined up squarely. Not sure if it helps, but here's a pic on my quicktach.
Thanks Phil, It appears my left side tilt cylinder is not working, so I'm guessing with no attachment on the machine when the previous owner tilted it, the working side moved and the non working side set still causing a bend. I think I will try and rebuild the left tilt cylinder.
I've had the early 1845 coupler crossmember bend (twist) with two perfectly good cylinders. All it takes is to not have a latch fully engaged, or a really sloppy latch receptacle on the attachment.