Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is an inter city bridge?

rino ยท 2008-02-24 03:31

Anyone have a defination for an "intercity bridge"? I am allowd 68500 gross on the interstate, and I'm sure that is a legal weight on most state highways, but intercity I'm only allowd 62500 gross. So what constitutes an intercity bridge? Is a cluvert under a state route concidered an intercity bridge, or when I enter the corp imit am I to automatically lose 6000 lbs? Or is when I enter the city limit that I must be under 62500! It makes a difference, bcause I tare at 34500! Yea it's a heavy SOB! Also, when being weighed by someone who is NOT DOT, like the county sheriff's, if I'm not mistaken that deputy must possess a DOT certification which is the Federal DOT's way of letting the CDL driver know that this person is trained in the proper proceedures of vehicle inspection, and scale equipment! A deputy friend of mine told me that their office was NOT certified to dip fuel! That it when they take a fuel sample to see if you are running the "off road" (non taxed) fuel! Even farm vehicles can't sun off road fuel in their on road trucks any more because of the higher sulpher content. That is an EPA/Tax evasion fine if you get caught! Here in OH there are only 2 inspectors that are certified to dip fuel!

Replies0

No replies yet.