Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is it , is Dea’s question?

stock · 2009-01-09 14:32

Ok lets have the .............

Replies36
  1. #1qball2009-01-09 15:20

    i do believe it's a dozer. heck, i'm practically sure of it.

  2. #2alan627b2009-01-09 15:25

    9U D6, or early D7? What it is, is time to fire the last operator, he forgot to clean his tracks.....

  3. #3stumpjumper832009-01-09 15:32

    I don't believe that she is a cat... Though I don't know what else to guess. Seeings that stock posted it, its a good chance that its something european and probably english. Like a bamford or something.

  4. #4stock2009-01-09 16:21

    Might be IRISH too you know!

  5. #5EZ TRBO2009-01-09 16:26

    I'll 2nd that. Trbo

  6. #6AtlasRob2009-01-09 16:31

    Thought I had it.................. but the chain drive to the lift wasnt on the one I'm thinking of Alice Chambers ?

  7. #7stock2009-01-09 16:50

    The chain is being used to hold up the blade and not part of the operating system. I dont think it is an alice but until monday or until Deas gets back I dont know. Stock.

  8. #8d4c24a2009-01-09 16:57

    fowler is it a fowler challenger 33 by any chance

  9. #9AtlasRob2009-01-09 18:20

    I dont believe you fell for that :drinkup

  10. #10td14steve2009-01-09 20:20

    Russian?

  11. #11RDG2009-01-09 20:59

    My guess it is a Stalinets, made in Russia.

  12. #12RocksnRoses2009-01-09 23:09

    Track Marshall? Rn'R.

  13. #13AtlasRob2009-01-10 06:53

    That was my other thought and I just realised why. Many moons ago I had a short spell on a small TM and the plate that is holding that ram to the machine body is very similar to the one that was down beside the track on this smaller machine to do a similar job. :drinkup

  14. #14Johnny English2009-01-10 16:24

    International, maybe?

  15. #15stumpjumper832009-01-10 17:00

    Not an ih, at least not one I ever saw.

  16. #16surfer-joe2009-01-10 17:04

    Not American I think. Probably British. Sure looks like a D6-9U at first, then I saw the dash. No way. Looks like a Brit engine too. Deas comes onto the oddest stuff.....

  17. #17stock2009-01-10 17:24

    NAH Dea an Auzzie (I think ) and not responsible for this . Anywhere is Dea's deas days

  18. #18dieseldave2009-01-10 17:46

    Surfer-joe, I was thinking the same thing- whoever made tihs had a good long look at a D6 9U first. I'm gonna guess it's French, though.

  19. #19Squizzy246B2009-01-10 18:23

    Its pretty hard to ID whithout being able to see the undercarriage. Anymore pics?. I'm guessing at a Vickers Armstrong or a David Brown Trackmaster.

  20. #20stock2009-01-10 18:51

    These are the best I can do sorry

  21. #21Squizzy246B2009-01-10 19:17

    So its a Track Marshall then?

  22. #22RocksnRoses2009-01-11 02:41

    I reckon it is. Rn'R.

  23. #23stock2009-01-11 03:31

    Where is Deas???

  24. #24d4c24a2009-01-11 04:21

    ?? maybe

  25. #25Deas Plant2009-01-11 04:56

    Get it right, Purr-leaze. WOTTIZZITT????????????? Hi, Folks. Back from 'sunny' (?) California. Wadda blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! D4c24a, yer beet mee too itt. I wuz gonna guess atta Challenger 33 and then I came back and saw your brochure. :drinkup :notworthy

  26. #26RocksnRoses2009-01-11 05:12

    Oh well, partly right. Rn'R.

  27. #27AtlasRob2009-01-11 05:36

    Wow, glad I aint got to divi out the cash for the winners of that one Stock gets 5 points for posting RnR gets 2 points for track Marshall I want a point and half for jumping on his bandwagon dieselDave must get 2 points for French ( thats what the flyers in ) d4c24a has got to have 3 points for his original post followed up with the flyer, And DEAS Gets a full 10 points for going on holiday and letting us have some fun. Welcome home Deas. :thumbsup

  28. #28Squizzy246B2009-01-11 05:52

    Technically its a Marshall Tractor with a Fowler undercarriage fitted.

  29. #29d4c24a2009-01-11 06:10

    more i had better throw this in to then cheers graham

  30. #30Deas Plant2009-01-11 07:14

    10 points. Hi, AtlasRob. I'll happily take those 10 points for doing nothing. They are the best 10 points I was ever awarded for having about the best holiday I ever had. I met up with DPete for the third time and finally caught up with RollOverPete on the second attempt. They are both great blokes. I couldn't meet up with JDOFMEMI. Our timetables just didn't match up. C'est la vie. I suspect I'll be back over there in June, 2010, for a show at, I think, Santa Margarita, just South of Paso Robles. It probably won't be as big as BSOT but maybe more fun in the sand pit. It's good to see that you blokes can keep yourself amused in my absence. LOL.

  31. #31stock2009-01-11 07:43

    Hey Dea when are you coming up to our side of the lump of rock? A big welcome back Stock

  32. #32Deas Plant2009-01-11 07:50

    Nice thought but.................... Hi, Stock. It's a nice thought as there are quite a few people over your way with whom I'd like to meet up. How-wevver, unless I win Lotto I'm pretty much anchored here for a while. I might also lose my sun-cooked complexion if I stayed too long under your gray skies. LOL. Thanks for the welcome back. You too, A-R.

  33. #33stock2009-01-11 08:02

    No not always grey skies ,last week a big round orange thing appeared so I made a picture of it This is as seen .....anyone know what it is??

  34. #34Deas Plant2009-01-11 08:41

    Not always gray skies? Hi, Stock. Any reports of little green men on the loose after seeing that orange ball in the sky? I hear summer was a good one last year, came on a Wednesday and lasted ALL day. LOL.

  35. #35Johnny English2009-01-11 12:19

    My dad reckoned it was a challeger 33 with a leyland 680 plus motor in it. First dozer he ever drove, completly guttless!!!

  36. #36stock2009-01-12 14:21

    Spoke to the owner today and che told me that he bought it 20 years ago for £1500 stg and had to do the clutch on it, and the only one he chould find was out of an AEC tractor unit.They then put in the truck engine which he thinks is around 200hp. The bladecontrol valve is stuck but apart from that its running