Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is the best mid size skid loader

barklee ยท 2010-01-04 21:33

What in your opinion is the best mid size (2000lbs) skid loader? I only really have experience with Bobcat, case, and cat. My opinion is the Cat 246c. I just bought the cat a few months ago after running quite a few other brands. I mean best over all taking all aspects into account. Just curious

Replies6
  1. #1barklee2010-01-04 21:38

    I was thinking of rubber tired loaders

  2. #2stuvecorp2010-01-04 23:32

    I would say the 440 Case.

  3. #3spitzair2010-01-04 23:40

    Have had an 873 Bobcat we bought new in '98. We haven't had any issues with it aside from a bad head gasket. It's been a great machine; lots of power, easy to maintain, great visibility, agile, etc. I love that machine! I've never ran a Cat skidsteer or a newer Case so can't offer any insight into them...

  4. #4KSSS2010-01-05 00:46

    Case 440 I think its the best midsized machine on the market.

  5. #5Dodge07around2010-01-06 12:46

    Cat 246c or the Cat 252B2, I have a 252B2 and its awesome!

  6. #6Richard2010-01-09 20:55

    I currently own a Case 85XT, Bobcat 743B, and a NewHolland. I've owned other bobcats and a Gehl once. Still love my CASE the best.