I'm replacing the pins and bushings on the lower lift arm cylinder of a 1845C and was wondering what would be the best way to get the bushings out???
weld a bead crossways on em then tap em out
Firstly once you've undone the 9/16 nut and bolt on the cylinder clevis, push the pin out and check the pin to make sure it doesn't have a groove in the middle where the grease groove is in the bush. This indicates wear and the grease wont evenly distribute if this is the case. Secondly, turn the rod of the cylinder so it's facing up so you can hammer the bush out of the clevis easier. Place a piece of rubber under the cylinder where it's sitting on the cross brace of the arms. Third, I machined up a round dolly so there's about 20mm that fits snug in the bush, then a shoulder about the same thickness as the bush and a bit longer than the thickness of the cylinder clevis so it doesn't get wedged when you smash it out. Take out the little dust seals either end. I even made a drawing.