Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is the best tri axle dump truck made?

rioncrsn ยท 2013-09-28 14:25

Wondering y'all's opinion on best dump truck made for hauling dirt asphalt rock etc? Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1d4c24a2013-09-28 15:19

    the one that least breaks down

  2. #2mitch5042013-09-28 20:17

    Somebody else's

  3. #3shopguy2013-09-28 20:25

    The one you are trying to sell

  4. #4CRAFT2013-09-29 02:08

    The One I've Got !

  5. #5mitch5042013-09-29 04:27

    Now that you hate us all for being smartasses, that is an impossible question. It's like saying who makes the best pickup, except that with a truck you can get the same drivetrain in almost all brands. A better question would be how to spec a dump truck for my operation. When I was in the dump truck business, I ran all Macks because I had been a Mack mechanic, (but I had been an IH mechanic too). One of the biggest points was that Hughes Motors (who I liked) had a dealership here, and Carolina International (who I didn't like) was 60 miles away. All other truck dealers were at least 60 miles away in Charleston or Florence.

  6. #6tnc1102013-09-29 09:00

    Are you looking at buying new or used? Budget? After some of the horror stories with the dpf equipped trucks, I would look for a good used 07 or earlier. Where I live in the mountains the worst selection would be a Mack CV(post RD model trucks). No low end torque. You have to keep the Rs up like the old 2 stroke detroits or you are in trouble. They would be fine in flat country, but not in the hills.

  7. #7ptrdozing2013-10-01 00:20

    An old Ford with hendrickson suspension and a 3406 Cat. It will always out crawl the air ride trucks, and you wont ever have to buy a dash or cab parts. Although if your only running pavement get something with air ride. Your back will thank you.