Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is the best way to cut this area out?

Nac ยท 2008-09-28 09:59

I have to remove all the soil to the right side of the shoring up to the house it starts out as a 10' cut all the way to 17' cut. I was thinking ramping down with the excavtor and then switching to a track loader to muck it out. Or put a rotary cutter on my mini to losseing up the cut and muck it out with a skid steer with ott . I know i will also have to cut the left side as i go to keep the shoring from pushing in.

Replies8
  1. #1Squizzy246B2008-09-28 19:52

    I slept on it Nac, I have looked at this about 3 times....as I often do with tasks we get like this. If you have 10' to 17' in height then I would go with CTL and mini-ex. I'm thinking that a 7000lb mini with ROPs removed would be good if the CTL had trouble digging; but taking ROPs off may not be permissible nor intelligent in your situation. Other than what is on the surface is there any rock in there??. Even a ripper tooth on the mini or bucket reversed. Still, you put the mini down there and dig a bit, take it out, clean out with skid, put the mini back in....... Anyway you look at it will take some time.

  2. #295zIV2008-09-28 21:33

    Is there the possibilty of renting one of these, this is the smallest I could find, and it's 8'6" wide and has 23 feet of reach from the front of the tracks. http://www.gradall.com/downloads/spec_sheets/xl3200IIIss.pdf

  3. #3greywynd2008-09-29 20:18

    Another possibility is to check with the rental places around you, a couple here have small conveyors that you can wheel in under there. Use the mini to load the conveyor, then where it piles use a loader, larger ex, whatever to move/load whatever as needed.

  4. #4Squizzy246B2008-09-30 11:38

    So Nac....how did it go??

  5. #5Turbo218352008-09-30 12:29

    Seems to me, around here at least, This work is usually done with a track loader. Usually a Jd or case 450 size machine. Most of the house movers have one in their fleet. They usually have a 4 in 1 bucket on them. They also, very rarely have a rops over them.

  6. #6Nac2008-09-30 13:39

    Still waitng for them ro finish shoring the house. I think i will try with my 350C first and see what happens.

  7. #7stumpjumper832008-10-01 17:27

    Yeah, I'd use an older small trackloader with the rops removed. Just be extra carefull not to bump those i-beams... Other than than that... maybe a clambshell bucket on a 12-15k pound hoe? Then clean up with a skidsteer / trackloader.

  8. #8bigblueox2008-10-01 21:34

    whack your head and that'll leave a mark. looks like you can't go laterally in either direction. let us know how it goes! love to see some at work pics! neat jobsite, what are they doing?