Your feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
most used or seen on site
new to the industry so your help is appreciated
From what I see in my area. Just a general observation. Probably Cat, John Deere, Komatsu, Case.
Probably a D6 or D8, thats my guess
Well next door in the sand box it's Tonka, but a lot of Cat, Case, Deere also in my area
Mostly Cat Hi-track around here, second place is Deere units and a few off brands beyond those.
Read a article ! Read a article not long ago that said Deere had market share up to 200hp crawlers! Then Cat had market share on anything bigger! After that komatsu ?
Depends on what ur doing. How long ur keeping it. Machine size
That's a very broad question as construction projects vary in size and complexity more than dozer sizes. In order to get any accurate feedback you'll need to quantify a size of dozer or particular application. Spreading topsoil or making a 70' cut for a highway project?
Number one would probably be a D6R.... they are everywhere.
Cat, Case, Deere, Volvo
I agree.
I have a JD 550G, would go with Cat!!!!!
I with grandpa. D6 H/R
I can just about guarantee this is right on.
It would be cat, then deere around here. Most jobs the d-6 cat, or a 850 deere is the biggest.
It is interesting to hear the area specific perspectives but there is no denying that jd is no.1 up to 200hp?
Brand specific in my area it would be Cat, Komatsu and then Deere. Size specific the most popular would be D5G, D37 and 550. The larger sizes would be D6R/T, D65 and there really aren't many larger Deere's running that I have seen. The mines (limestone and coal) run Cat and Komatsu. There aren't many big dirt jobs going on except for the I-22 and I-65 interchange being built by Walsh. The largest dozer I saw on that job was a D6, they used hoes and trucks to move most of the dirt from what I have seen of it.
Ya anything bigger then a 6 would be stuck in the mud 10 months out of the year here.
Anyone ran one of these?
Yup top one and 475 size in komatsu.
Did I little searching using google...on just about every equipment sale site caterpillar dominates the market for dozers...on just one site they have thousands of listings more than deere...so its safe to say cat has more dozers out there than anh one else...of the models of dozers...the d6 is far ahead of all the others. I didnt break down the series but I think the cat d6...in various models is the most widely used dozer. Maybe not in certain areas but in the general market....the next most common I found for sale was the d8 series.
There maybe more forsale on used sites but that's not what I was meaning. There are groups that keep track if who sells the most equipment new per manufacture. Cat was leading in all areas for quite awhile until a few years back where jd passed them in total world sales up to 200hp. I'm not sure if it's still the case of 2013 but good chance it is !