Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 850 drive hydraulic help

Ferndalecreek ยท 2014-01-31 21:34

Hey folks, I've been creeping this site for years now but I've finally got a legitimate question for everyone. I'm trying to develop my small farm and have had the luck of having a neighbour willing to trade me some of my mechanical skills for some dozer work... if i can get this drive issue fixed for him...here's what i was told. He has a JD 850(1980?) dozer that has had the left side transmission replaced years ago (rarely used machine) and he was told that after a period of operation he would need the "pressures" adjusted or balanced... im not 100% sure if its just the pressure relief valve for that side or if its actually a balancing of pressures. He had a repair manual that he gave to a mechanic a few years back so he could come fix it in his spare time but the guy has since disappeared... So can anyone tell me where the valve is or the procedure for getting this thing back up and running?... any help would be appreciated!!

Replies0

No replies yet.