Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is this?

Bidj ยท 2013-09-21 17:37

I just got this skid steer and have no idea what make model or anything on it. It runs good has a ford 1.6 in it. Just curious if anyone has an idea of that it is.

Replies16
  1. #1Randy882013-09-21 19:23

    Looks very similar to a hydro mac or however its spelled, I think they were made in theif river falls minnesota, a customer of mine still has one, does it steer with two levers between your legs instead of on the outsides of your legs, like most did. But if I recall they had the hydro motor under the seat and not out the sides, but they were all different on how they did them. It doesn't look quite right but maybe some others here will have different idea as to what make it is, but thats my guess.

  2. #2Bidj2013-09-21 19:36

    Yes the levers are between your legs there is a pump under the seat also. I am completely new to skid steers and got it to toy around with.

  3. #3Randy882013-09-21 22:20

    Can you take a few pictures of the skid steer from other angles, like into the cab area and from the back, those hydro mac's had a different looking back end as well, that might help to identify what make it is for sure, I was also thinking there was an id tag along the inside of the boom towards the back, but its been a few years since I looked one over. I was wondering if was an older belt drive unit someone converted to hydraulic drive by chance.

  4. #4sheepfoot2013-09-21 23:57

    Loader arms at the rear with the taper do look like the old hydro mac, Mite try www.Hackertsales.com .

  5. #5Bidj2013-09-22 09:20

    Here are a couple more pictures

  6. #6Randy882013-09-22 12:24

    The cab and back of the engine compartment don't look like a hydra mac I'd seen before, maybe someone else has an idea what make it is, there was a brand called rounder years back,international made one similar as some others I'd seen them but never looked closely at them before. Back in the early days, there were a lot of different makes out there to chose from, by the looks of that one, someone did a hydro retrofit and took out the old belt drive unit, which would have been a big improvement to the machine. Hydra mac was big on having the steering between your legs, not on the outside of your legs, both sticks were side by side in the center of the cab, making it hard to climb into them at any age, one of their biggest downfalls in my opinion, a very similar setup to what gehl used to use on their early models as well. The link that sheepfoot put on, was a prime example of the hydra mac's in my area, the mighty mac was really hard to get into because of its size, the newer larger diesel model wasn't as bad and actually was a nice skid steer, a customer has both units yet today still in use.

  7. #7monster762013-09-22 15:02

    what does that decal say in the front of the lift arm by the tilt cylinder?

  8. #8mitch5042013-09-22 21:08

    I'm probably the "most non-skidsteer-expert" on HEF, but, it reminds me of an early New Holland.

  9. #9glenlunberg2013-09-22 21:42

    Not familiar on this machine. But it looks too old. Just wondering what is the specs of the engine of it.

  10. #10monster762013-09-22 22:01

    i have a feeling its an international the arms looks like an international

  11. #11sheepfoot2013-09-23 12:29

    May even be a old ** 811 or 711. The arms and the rops look close also, the gauge box and key switch may not be right.

  12. #12monster762013-09-23 12:50

    could be

  13. #13mitch5042013-09-23 18:36

    Boy, the arms sure look dead on for the **.

  14. #14sheepfoot2013-09-23 18:57

    The more I look, the tube end of the lift cylinder mounts don't look right, may even be a older model with a shaft to hold them on, newer are boxed in the frame.

  15. #15monster762013-09-23 19:44

    is there a data plate some where

  16. #16cartzblown94z2013-09-25 22:45

    Looks like a north western. Sold thru Ih dealers and built in WI