I found this into the suction screen of the transmission and I drained the whole oil from the pan and got a bunch of similar stuff... looks like metal to me since it got caught by the magnet. The machine still run forward and backward lacks power though... I found the oil in the pan to be thicker than it should be. The old owner probably put high viscosity motor oil cause it was way too thick! The black piece looks like it's made of rubber, a seal probably. We thought it was the transmission pump but after inspection seems to work as it should Any idea?
hi, metal looks like part of a ball bearing cage (not good).is the half round item like a hard plastic?, if so it will be from a thrust washer from a pinion gear. more photos please looks like tranny out to me Mark
Not hard plastic more like rubber Also, theres no strange sound coming from the tranny and the loader still moves forward and backward on 2 speeds.
What brand of loader is it?
Ryan it's a 1976 966c Quick update: We changed the oil that was inside the transmission and we believe they put motor oil instead to cut cost I presume... As a result the oil overheat and when it does that we lack power. The old owner might have use this loader in the winter so the oil kept itself cold (just a thought though) With AFT we had an instant change in the power moving forward and backward. We didn't try it for long since we discovered a leak from an oring that I might install wrongly. If you have any thought on the rubber seal and the metal piece that would help me out a lot thanks guys J