Hi, can anyone please tell me what this is and it's purpose? Thanks
I trying to ad a fu,sing pic but can't for some reason. Lol.
A ruse? ….no, a disappearing ink? No…….a guessing game? Umm……I give up. What is it?
I'm having trouble loading a pic. I'll keep trying.
Let’s discuss your relationship while you are here. We fix those too! What about you angers your wife the most?
Lol, when I leave the toilet seat up in the middle of the night really pisses her off
Lol, when I leave the toilet seat up in the middle of the night really pisses her off
You will fit in here perfectly my friend. Can you describe what you want to know with a machine model and serial number?
Let's try this again
Lol ***! I'm getting an ops sometime went wrong message then I try to attach a file and it looks like it went through but the pic doesn't show up on my reply
It may be the format or the size of the pic is too big. Can you describe it
It a 2008 NW B95. Left side of the engine compartment to the very right up high is a bracket with looks like 3 hydraulic lines with caps on the ends.
Thanks Vtech63, I cropped the pics and was able to load the pics. Cheers
Those are pressure test ports. The top one is hydraulic pressure, middle is steering pressure. I’m not sure what that bottom one is.
That do what exactly. Thanks
It’s where you hook up test pressure gauges to check the system pressures to specs.
I've been going over the machine and replaced the batteries, installed new rear tires, changed the air filter, fuel filter, fresh oil and filter. Started to change the hydraulic filter and the fluid was absolutely contaminated with water so I reinstalled the same filter. Tomorrow morning I'll drain the whole system and install the new filter and fresh hydraulic oil.
Here are the E series tests on page 16. Not sure if the B series will be the same but probably similar.
Bottom one looks like a stabilizer/outrigger maybe?
The manual describes the top and bottom ports are for testing the hydraulics and shows having gauges on both at the same time. I didn't read through the process. The center one is for testing the steering.
Thanks for the replies, I have another question. Online it states that there are 2 fuel filters and the dealer supplied me with 2 filters but I can't find the second one. Where the heck is it . Thanks
I figured there is a snowstorm at the OP's location, all we are seeing is white at this end....
Good thing you got that pix thing cleared up.... I thought there might have been a disturbance in the time & space thingy.... Seriously, get that hydraulic system cleaned up and post some pressure readings.
I drained the reservoir and put 2 pails in. I'll run all the hydraulic functions and repeat until I'm happy with it. Cheers
Try to figure out where the water is getting in and fix it or you'll be constantly having issues.
Some of the New Holland machines have a tool box in the top of the hydraulic tank. They have drain holes that clog and tend to rust through. I always suspected the filler cap so I replaced mine with a generic with a 3lb check valve to keep pressure on the system. HeavyEquipmentForums Condensation can be a problem on machines stored outside.
Mine does have the tool box but it's very clean, hardly any rust anywhere. I'm suspecting an accumulation of condensation. I'm going to keep flushing the system 2 pails at a time until I'm happy with it and keep an eye on it. Cheers
I would drain the tank, check the inlet screen, and replace the filter at minimum. Some folks on here recommend draining all the cylinders but I have never gone that far with it. If you keep dumping 10 gallons at the time you are not going to make a lot of headway on clearing out the water. A couple of us, myself included, discovered a rubber disc had come loose in the inlet screen and was restricting the hydraulic supply. If the system doesn't have a little pressure on it when you loosen the cap I would suspect it as a possible leak. I like the one I put on mine that maintains a little pressure and I think it might help guard against condensation but not sure if that theory is correct. I moved my machine into a barn about the same time I replaced my cap assembly. I do get a lot of condensation in my barn and the hydraulic oil in my machine has remained clear.
I'll definitely check that when I drain the tank. Cheers