Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is this attachment ? “Sausage machine”?

powerjoke ยท 2013-10-20 16:59

What does it do and why does it do it? http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=11SGolwiIzw http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E06dCKDyw1M Pj

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies7
  1. #1mitch5042013-10-20 18:20

    Just guessing, but I think he is cutting in a peat bog, making peat logs to burn in the fireplace.

  2. #2powerjoke2013-10-20 18:50

    Hmmmm, I guess I don't understand peet very well, ...... Next time I start a fire I'll try to use mud I guess lol

  3. #3sheepfoot2013-10-20 19:06

    That is turf (peat) being cut for cooking and heating, I think it is like our fire logs you can by and burn in your fireplace that you light the bag and all.

  4. #4powerjoke2013-10-20 21:02

    Dang, it'd be handy to have a field of that...... It has to be easier than cutting and splitting wood lol

  5. #5JBGASH2013-10-20 21:19

    I never heard of the likes of anything like burning peat or what appears to be mud & grass mix, but for sure PJ, lots simpler than firewood. I know that processed peat is also used in some advanced treatment septic systems and from my understanding works well. Learn something new here everyday.

  6. #695zIV2013-10-20 21:42

    This got me wondering so I googled peat, here's the wiki on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peat

  7. #7Dualie2013-10-25 23:03

    they use it to malt the barley when they make scotch also