Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What is under my ’83 Case 580C floor panel

Furbs ยท 2019-05-06 16:42

Hi everyone, First time poster, long time reader. lots of great info here. I bought the backhoe used and have been working on it for a couple months. 1st one I have ever owned. Great project (the wife doesn't think so). I pulled the floor panel off and under it and attached to the floor panel is a round electrical unit. I have no idea what it is but there is a wire hanging off it that is about 2-3 foot long. Not connected to anything. The unit is about the size of the power steering unit. So I have searched my shop manual - yes I actually RTFM from time to time and can't find anything about it. Any ideas ? Thanks everyone

Replies2
  1. #1nova4812019-05-06 17:13

    Hi Furbs I believe its the backup alarm.

  2. #2Furbs2019-05-06 17:58

    Interesting. Never would have guessed that. I lived in Matawan for 15 yrs. Used to throw frisbee and drink beer on AT&T's front lawn. That was a long time ago. Thanks for the reply