Just wondering if anyone has ever put a number on what it cost a mile to run a truck. Have figured it myself sevral times just curious what other people have come up with,general use {end dump,belly dump Flat bed} not heavy hauling. Thanks in advance Kevin
I would think there would be a lot of variables to this. Some people are going to be paying a lot more insurance than others. The price of fuel can vary quite a bit in different parts of the country. And then there is the factor of how much the driver is being paid...
It costs a lot, but there is always someone who will underbid you anyway. Case in point: Guys here are building some gravel pads for truck loading area; only about 15000 sq. feet per job site. Cheapos have been bidding it at $7/yd spread. The gravel costs $2.35/yd loaded with a smallish excavator (read: slow), the gravel pit is 25 miles away each way on a two lane road, you have to spread it with your own finish dozer. If you figure a dollar a yard to spread, then they are getting $1.46 per mile for their 20 yard trucks. I'm not interested at that price.
that would depend on you.... would be your bigest factor, mabee you havent trucked to long? its like alot of things.. short and sweet the odds are real good, its gona be mor than what you make...lol, my advice...dont be cheap with a truck.and stay ahead of the curve
That says it all! Right now in San Diego I'm paying $4.19 p/gallon for diesel (and it just went down!).Insurance and labor is sky high and if the driver breaks the truck then repairs add into that. I try to always charge by the hour. Rates right now are still really poor example a bobtail truck I used to get $80 p/hr now its closer to $50.