Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What kind of oil can I use? 310SG

Canadian_digger ยท 2011-02-03 18:47

I want to start some winter maintenance on out 310SG backhoes. Diffs, Transmission, and hydraulic oil, change. I looked in the owners manual for what type of oil I can use and all it said was to use Hy-Gard for all 3. I was wondering if I can use other type of oil. Can I use any off the shelf hydraulic oil. For the Diffs, Trans, any hydraulics? Or Gear oil for the diffs, and Atf for the trans?

Replies2
  1. #1norite2011-02-04 00:48

    You need what is called TDH oil. It is for all tractors that use common oil for the transmission, differential and hydraulics. Don't use gear lube or regular hydraulic oil.

  2. #2Deon2011-02-04 18:04

    Walmart sells TDH oil in 5 gallon containers. About $37.00 each in NS. Its JD20 and JD21 compatible. Your manuel should say that is what you need.