Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What kind of tractor?

SKP 428 ยท 2009-01-10 23:37

What kind of tractor is this ,I bought this a few years ago and want to see if any of you guys know what it is. The engine a JD it has 2 cylinders water cooled and is gas and has a 3 speed trans . Looks home made to me .Hand crank to start it .

Replies6
  1. #1Deas Plant2009-01-11 05:46

    Wottizzit? Hi, SKP428. It has a sort of a Panzer look about it but I never saw a Panzer with what looked like an old pick-up chassis for a main frame and I've never heard of a Panzer with a JD diesel engine. Yer got me.

  2. #2SKP 4282009-01-11 19:36

    Here are some more photos of the tractor

  3. #3rino2009-01-23 21:33

    Could that be an early Economy? They were designed for the farmer that had more then a tiller would do, and less than a Ford 600 - 800 work load!

  4. #4DarrylMueller2009-01-27 20:42

    What make is the engine, are you sure it JD. The front wheels are not anything Deer would use. I suggest going to the JD two cylinder club and see what the think?

  5. #5jhill2009-01-30 20:28

    The engine is a JD engine from either an L tractor or an old pull type combine. The rest looke home made. Deere did not make the chassis. Jerry

  6. #6rino2009-01-30 21:37

    Jerry I agree. The JD was an after thought! That was a spare engine, or a cost effective backup to something else! Those engines were on the JD Mod L, A, LA, and AL, as well as a portable power unit used for combines, and pickers.