I'm wanting to get something for just building pads, nothing else. I do this as a part time job that it's to hard to get another person to hold the laser level reading rod for me anymore. I just bought an old spectra control system for my scraper tractor and am going to put that on there but I need to buy a valve and a laser base unit as I would call it. I have a Spectra LL 100 now and it's been easy enough to use but I'm sure that it won't work for what I need now. I've heard that you need to buy a higher rpm base unit so it reacts quick enough. Any help is appreciated.
I'm preferential to Spectra-Precision, so I would recommend a GL422. Good range, dual slope, and remote control. This is a good deal. I have a 722, but if you don't need grade-matching or extended range, the 422 would be just fine. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Spectra-Preci...mble-Receiver-Remote-/111553078853?nav=SEARCH
The salesman says I can get by with a laser level, model LL300N or a LL300S. I do kind of like the idea of doing a final cut on a waterway with slope figured in.
What laser did you choose? Are you satisfied with it? Comments? Thanks.
I went with the 300 s but really haven't gotten to use it yet as the valve they sent me was machined wrong so my building pad I could only go by the lights in the cab and run it by hand.