Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What machines use the same tracks?

rwatkins ยท 2009-07-19 09:13

I need a track for the t 190 asap. We had one snap in half. Do the tracks from bobcats work on cats or deers or komastus? Need to find a used take off if the other machines use the same size tracks.

Replies10
  1. #1AtlasRob2009-07-19 09:21

    Sorry I cant answer your question, but from other bits I have read would you not be as well to purchase a pair of tracks ( yes I know its not my money ) and keep your existing track as a spare. It will no doubt depend on your machines age, life expectancy and amount you use and rely on it. You've snapped one which has stopped you dead in your tracks, so to speak, how inconvienient / expensive is that down time while locating a replacement? Sorry to be a bit negative just when you were already down but take it as food for thought, NOT a lecture :beerchug on edit, dont forget one of our sponsors at the top of the page if you go the new, route.

  2. #2Willis Bushogin2009-07-19 15:57

    tracks Cant answer your question, but you can call Solideal Tracks 704 374 9700 and they can answer the question. Most local skidsteer dealers can get aftermarket tracks, they dont want to, because they want to sell their brand. Used tracks, are usually not a good idea and cost about the same as a new after market set. I was told one time, that there is only like 3 companies, that make under carriage for all skidsteers. Look on the inside of the track, it should have a ID place and it says, its so long X so wide X ??? if you can match this numbers with others, it probrably will work Good Luck

  3. #3Digdeep2009-07-19 16:40

    you need to know the width and length. The tracks fit on machines based on how many pitches (track bars) they have.

  4. #4rwatkins2009-07-19 21:34

    Were getting new ones but wont have them for a few days and we need the machine tomorro, So if i can find a take off for 2-3 days use Im good. We got a set from our local bobcat dealer a few months ago that were down to 1/4 tread being thrown out, for free and used them on a 2 month job that was working on pavement so we didnt ruin our decent ones and now ones broke and the other 2 are destroyed.

  5. #5TALLRICK2009-07-20 00:30

    I am surprised that you could get anything for free from a dealer, even if it was junk!

  6. #6Gman2009-07-20 06:47

    Sorry.... don't mean to hijack this thread but I also have a damaged Track on my Case 420CT....Wondering if I could replace the Track myself...? Fairly handy with a spanner....what's the procedure....just would be handy to do on site when working in the middle of nowhere. (Plan to change both and keep the better one for a spare)

  7. #7rwatkins2009-07-21 22:17

    Its a 2 man job in the field and some tools. I use either the excavator if there or some bottle jacks and wood to lift machine, undo the grease bleeder, excavator if there to push idler in, if not i take a chain and rachet binder around the track and compress it. Takes 2 time with chian around track, then a 3rd time with the chain hooked to track frame in rear and tie down shackle on front and the chain across the idler. That would compress it enough to get old off and new on. I use a 6 ft digging bar and a big crow bar.

  8. #8Gman2009-07-22 03:26

    Thanx ....:notworthy Hope I don't have to do it to often......

  9. #9Digdeep2009-07-22 09:37

    Man thats a bummer:Banghead. You just mentioned that you bought that machine with 1hr on the meter. I hope you have better luck with the other track.

  10. #10Gman2009-07-22 17:48

    Yea...New Machine but one track had a gash down to the belt on the side of the track...(Machine priced accordingly). Will be using it as is until it gets a lot worse.........