This was owned by my hometown. Brand new in 1967. I havn't seen that type of air cleaner on another machine. Gas or diesel? Any idea what model? Thanks.
GreenMtnMan Looks Like a T500A to me. I ran both a T500 A and L series back in the 70s, the A had a rounded hood and the L had a larger squared hood. Regards, Randy
I think it is too from what little I have been around the bigger Galions of that era. I think they came with IH diesels and maybe Detroit as an option for the hearing impaired?
Thanks for helping me out with this, guys. In this close up you can see Galion through the door window, but the model is too blurred to read.
GreenMtnMan It looks like an early series T500A with a Detroit diesel. I put around 20k hrs. on a 1976 T500A from 78 to 90. It had the square hood and the 466 IHC diesel with the air cleaner inside the lefthand side of the hood. The air intake came up in the center of the hood in front of the exhaust stack.
While we're on the topic of old galions, I have a quick question... How does one operate the saddle locking pin? The model I'm on is a T500D, loving the gradomatic crashbox, but i just can't figure out how to operate the saddle pin. Any help please guys?
Open the front window and grab them with your hand. That's how I use to do it. The other three pins I used a 2 lbs hammer. Now we're spoiled, we just flip the switch.
I think this one might have a switch, its all hydraulic, even the saddle lock, I thought it might need some elbow grease to get the pin out, but this has definitly got a hydraulic pin. I think it might be the non-descript toggle switch on top of the pedestal, coz I haven't found any other controls that have identified themselves as the culprit...
Does anybody know what for example from the 500 the A, C, L or M, N means? Are technical differences, like allwheel drive? Or the B Versions? It's so complicated to find dates from Galion Graders.... I think sometimes mechanic or hydraulic mouldboard?