Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What model is this old Warner-Swasey crane is this?

MattW ยท 2012-02-14 15:17

Also, when did WS stop building cranes? Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1heavylift2012-02-14 16:47

    I ran one about 30 years ago and it was an 18 ton. It wasn't new, so I can't really give you an age. Or if that one is an 18 ton

  2. #2gostr8r2012-02-14 20:07

    I can't say much about the model or year, but even tho many RT's have a rubber chart that allows that kind of work I personally have done many accident investigations that involved them rolling over on tires. There's too many variables to make it a daily habit IMO. The 4 wheel steering posture doesn't lend to better stability there either. Maybe this op' really knew his rig well tho.

  3. #3heavylift2012-02-14 21:16

    I remember linkbelts having the folding outriggers, they had stability issues with folding outriggers, and discontinued them, May have been in the late 80's to mid 90's. I worked for a place that quickly got rid of them after a few accidents. They replaced them with cranes that had traditional beam and jack outriggers.

  4. #4MattW2012-02-21 02:54

    Thanks guys!!! I have another (better) shot of it that I need to scan. Once I do, I'll post it.