Just picked up a old 580CK, and I need to change the oil. All the manuals I have, and have found show streaght weight oils. With todays oils, whats the best to run in these. I was planing to use Shell Rotella 15w40. What the thoughts on that?? Also has anyone added a oil PSI guage to there tractors? Mine just has a light.
I too could use some help on this issue. I've recently become the owner of a very tired 1970 580CK which I saved from the scrap yard. The specs call for 30 weight diesel low ash ($18 gallon), but I was told to run 15-40. ($15 a gallon) There's not much difference in price, so I may as well use whichever is best. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hey, s1120 and antyK In all my diesel machines over the years i have ALWAYS used Rotella 15w40 been a very good oil, pricey but good. And in the winter a block heater is a engine saver.
15w40 from one of the big "three" Delo,Delvac,Rotella.
OK thanks guys. Thats what I was thinking, I just wanted to run it by the experts first. Thanks!!
My thanks too!!