Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What part of the country is still using motor scrapers??

powerjoke ยท 2010-09-05 13:05

The reason I ask is because I have an old TS14B that is in perfect operating condition but cannot sell it locally because in the KC area not many are still using them, So if I know what part of the country is still using them I will call around to dealers in that particular area to trade it off or put it on Craigslist in that area. Pj,

Replies23
  1. #1Dozerboy2010-09-05 14:18

    Many of the Western states and central/northern TX. I can't commit for East of the Miss. I worked with a hand full of companies in CA that ran TS14s, but with CARB I'm sure there are plenty sitting idle there.

  2. #2stinkycat2010-09-05 17:41

    I saw 4 today on a church job site on hwy 45 about 5 miles south of WI border in Northern IL. There's a couple companies around here that has TS14's and I think TS24's one is called Ryan I'm not sure where they are based out of. I live in the Mundelein/Libertyville Area of IL

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2010-09-05 18:14

    I know some are still using them in the Louisiana area. You might try there.

  4. #4EGS2010-09-05 21:46

    There are still a lot of motor scrapers around here. Ryan Central had around 400 TS-18's and TS-24's at one time. The Terex's don't go much, if hardly anything around here.

  5. #5powerjoke2010-09-06 10:37

    Great thanks guys, ive posted it in the CL in those two areas. Pj

  6. #6D&GExcavating2010-09-06 22:51

    We used to have 2 Terex TS-14Bs but we sold them both a couple years ago and bought 2 Cat 627Bs.

  7. #7Kman90902010-09-07 02:24

    We currentley are running a spread of 15 631's a little north of shreveport LA

  8. #8cummins052010-09-07 10:17

    Maybe try listing it on Iron planet Maybe some over seas buyer will see it and it will be taken off your hand's

  9. #9cummins052010-09-07 10:31

    Aussie Leeroy has a wanted add for a Ts14 here on the forum I pm'd him the link to this add hope you sell.

  10. #10bonechip2010-09-07 17:14

    Park them in a field close to a major Highway, put a sign out front, that say's antique show 5 dollars, lol lol:drinkup:drinkup

  11. #11Dualie2010-09-11 23:18

    iron is a hard sell in this economy. I wouldnt blame it on location as much as timing.

  12. #12D&GExcavating2010-09-16 11:11

    Here is one of our TS-14Bs that we sold. Working on a pad for a fertilizer plant and got a little too close to the edge.

  13. #13D&GExcavating2010-09-16 11:14

    Here's another one.

  14. #14Einstien2013-07-14 01:38

    Edmonton or calgary alberta theres several companies out there with massive fleets of scrapers

  15. #15RZucker2013-07-15 02:21

    That's a shame nobody is interested, TS14s are tough little beasts. throw some grease at them and they will run almost forever.

  16. #16Randy882013-07-15 08:12

    Did you ever get it sold or do you still have it?

  17. #17powerjoke2013-07-15 09:51

    It got traded and sold to a guy up in North Dakota...... Infant I still haven't went and picked up everything I traded for yet lol.......anyone need a vibratory sheep foot around the bowman ND area ?

  18. #18Purple Wave2013-08-26 23:29

    I know of an online auction company with a rep in that area.

  19. #19Andrew_D2013-08-27 07:42

    Most of the construction guys around here are running CATs, but a few green monsters are still running around on job sites. Another spot to unload older scrapers is in farm country. Might not work too good for the guys that are trying to laser-level fields, but up here in pot-hole country, they work fine for ditching! Andrew

  20. #20Buckethead2013-08-29 21:09

    Don't see many of the old green Terexes around here anymore. It's all 627s, 615s, 623s. I ran a Ts14 and a few TS24s, I actually miss them sometimes.

  21. #21wnydirtguy2013-08-30 21:36

    we still run a bunch of the TS-14 and just started running some 627's. I will look for some pic I know I have. there are 4 or 5 other companies around here that use a few. Buckethead I must say it is nice to hear the engines screaming. It is fun to try and get more loads than the 627s to

  22. #22catfixer2013-08-31 13:32

    we see them a decent amount here in central NC, but for the most part you gotta have someone in a dozer kicking them

  23. #23bigrus2013-09-01 03:09

    It's the same worldwide Any used equipment is hard to sell anywhere worldwide, new equipment with virtually no interest finance payments, has crueled the used equipment market :beatsme