Just bought a 650J xlt from local JD dealer two days after Christmas. The machine was in another state but sold and serviced by dealer. I bought the machine with 2,078 hours on it. Before I wrote the check for the dozer, I had dealer print pics of hours, serial number and a couple of side shots in case my insurance company needed them. The dozer was delivered today. The serial numbers match but there's 2,430 on it now. That's 352 hours in two weeks or so. Gonna call about it in the morning but anybody got advice on how to handle it, what to ask for to make up the difference ( new under carriage). I'm hopeful they'll make it right but what is "right".
352 hours in two weeks seems like someone left the key on while it was sitting waiting for you....you would have to work it 20 hours a day to get anywhere near that. you maybe can get a free 500 hour service out of them
What would that cover? Is it " worth" 350 hours? Is it worth a new under carriage? At 100-120/ hr, I know 352 hours is worth a lot. I'll be calling them in the morning to find out. Just looking for opinions/advice. Thanks for yours
Would leaving the key on run up the hour meter? I Think the old style hour meters only go up with the engine running. Is it possible the pictures were just not up to date?
Probably sent you a old file photo of the hour meter from when it came in. Kind of doubtful you'll get much out of them. Hit them up for some oil and filters maybe. If you could prove it was rented out for a period after you wrote the cheque you might have something to go on otherwise its buyer beware I think.
$10hrs for wear tear and depreciation, in my book. Maybe more. Let's just use round numbers. Let's say new the machine cost $120,000. Once it has 10,000hrs on the meter it's now worth $20,000. Each hrs on the clock cost $10.
They may have had the machine for awhile and had original pictures from when it was first listed for sale and rented it before you bought it. 352 hours isn't much on already low hour machine. Like was said try to get a free service or at least some oil and filters. I'd bet there's a clause in the agreement that they don't guarantee the hours.
May be a low hour machine, but you bought and paid on the basis of 2078 hours. The new basis is almost 17% more use. What's the value to you? Ask for it or walk away.
SIW. Has JD been able to offer anything for the added hour on the dozer?
Maybe they swapped monitor? Could be numberous. You can connect to ecu and get engine hours off there unless ecu has been replaced.
You should ask the dealer what his response would be, if the machine he had out on a rental came back with 352 HRS more that what was paid for.....
That is a good perspective! And if they rented "your" machine, what would the rental income have been.