Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s a 644C worth?

Jaybo ยท 2010-04-10 23:23

I have a colleague that is starting a business that is looking at an '81 644C. It is an ex city machine, 4500 hrs, new tires, looks like in fairly good shape, with maint. records. I did a search on the forums that to look out for the center pin and cylinders. Not sure WHAT about the cylinders to look for, pins and bushings? I also suggested he see if he could have a mechanic give it a look over for any issues and then I thought about HEF and here is my post Attached a pic and it looks pretty straight for a 30 year old machine. So what would be a fair price if it is in decent running shape?

Replies4
  1. #1AmerIndependent2010-04-11 02:44

    Auction value would probably be around $10,000. Retail value would be closer to $20,000.

  2. #2pistons2010-04-11 15:44

    Look up the machine at machinerytrader.com

  3. #3John C.2010-04-11 17:06

    The picture appears to show a quick coupler also. You can generally nock at least 15% off the asking prices now days. Most times even more. The auction sales almost always have to consider the commission paid to the auctioneer. For that old of Deere with a center hitch that was recently redone I would not expect to see more than $12,000 to $15,000 at a well attended auction of a sunny day. Personally I would not pay more than $10,000 for any old Deere loader but that is just an opinion. Good Luck

  4. #4I AM IRONMAN2010-04-18 16:33

    I've been around a few of these loaders, if they are in good running condition, they are worth $25,000 to $30,000.00. They can get a lot of work done. If it needs any engine or transmission work done, it is not going to be worth much. Engine or Transmission repairs can be $15,000.00 each. I agree that a mechanic should look it over and note any leaks, make sure it starts easy and check the transmission for slipping. 4500 hours is not many for a loader that old. Check the records to verify that it is correct. Here's a link to the Machinery Trader Value on one of these. Average sale price is about $24,000.00. If the hours are correct, it should be worth more. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...ERE&mdlx=contains&bcatid=4&Thumbs=1&scf=false