Needs an exaust manifold, seems fine otherwise. Good paint. 85 percent undercarriage. Serial number 7a5728.
The old rule of thumb was whatever the undercarriage was worth. But, who knows in this brave new world. Is it realy 85% ? Or, did someone put a new idler and a good used roller on it 5 years ago?
It’s really 85 percent
Can you post the CTS for us to review? Or, did Bubba “eyeball it”.
really? Since you know me and obviously think I’ve eyeballed it. Then keep thinking that. I could care less. I asked what it would be worth.
I’m not hear to cause trouble. I’m just here to have a good time. It was a legit question. A CTS is a good place to start. It provides a metric. Then, you can have your PSSR give you a U/C quote. Multiply by .85 and that’s your machine value. Now, you have a quantitative number to work with. Is it Cat classic or aftermarket? Which reminds me. One of our HEF’s finest, Mr. John C., wrote the book on equipment appraisal. I highly recommend it. Honestly, it’s not worth anything in 2025. Its time has passed by. Whatever the diesel in the fuel tank is worth and the transport fee.
It's worth +/- scrap price whatever condition the undercarriage is in. You're talking about a 60 year-old machine.
they were sweet in their heyday. like that funky socketed ROPS sweep attachment. It could run a long time on a push site and make some money, or really crawl into your wallet. It is a roll of the dice and loaded against you.
For sure. What a great machine they were back in the day.
It’s just sitting around here not being used much. Thought about listing it online. If it’s not worth much it can stay sitting around here. Was just curious if they were worth anything anymore. I for sure wouldn’t buy one to depend on everyday.
If it was in NZ 30-35 NZ$ if the machine is operating properly and that includes low oil consumption . Because the drop in the cost of track gear valuing the dozer on track gear alone is not so relevant as it once was . Looks like an Aussi built the cab .
More like a copy.
Well,from the long range picture the u/c looks half deceant at the very least.All rollers are sat up on the links and the grousers appear to be nicely squared off. In the UK that tractor would still have appeal to the collector chaps and possibly a handful of old skip recycling companies sitting on a tip end pushing a few loads over every month. It would be advertised at around £10k to the UK market and possibly £14k for the export dealers to get abit of profit.
Now, that’s a thought. There was a lot of low-tech, older iron being purchased by brokers and sent to the third world. Abam, down in Ghana, would give his left testie to have that machine running on his galamsey. We haven’t heard from ol’e Abam in awhile. Hope he is doing well.
I paid 9000 for a good 74a with a poor undercarriage last fall. Around here a decent 6c runs 20 to 30 thousand
Price should be 5K tops on any D6C, its an antique, for hobby or yard art. That canopy looks like a transplant from something from the 1950's. Only D6C I would consider is one that does not have the right arm shoulder buster blade control lever, and the horrible blade tilt pedals. I think there were some that didn't have that crap. I just hate those controls, though I would try to put up with it on a cable 14A, cause I could only deal with all that for a few hours if that.
Better not see what this will go for chidog. It is a direct drive to boot. https://emeraldauctioncentre.bidsonline.com.au/catalogue_detail.aspx?cdid=2512318&chid=23641
That is NOT a D6C, That is a much better tractor, a D6D, I have lots of hours on one and liked it for its size. Nice controls on it. I have time on D6C as well it is a huge battle with the controls, and I was a lot younger then, it messed my shoulder up for months pain. They must have $ falling from heaven in the land of Oz, that is over priced by about 30k. Maybe Cat still makes them in Oz, you know excellent parts supply and service.
Really there is very little difference between a D6D and D6C design wise. They actually went backwards with the hydraulic controls as they added about 20 new linkages between the and handle and the valve control. The steering with the interconnected hydraulic actuated brakes, the brakes are pretty grabby. You just have to do a bit of searching on the internet to see some of the problems they created with that "upgrade" I half expect the one in the above link to go somewhere between 80 000-100 000.
^^^^^What kind of money, Pesos?
Might as well be, you can get a AU dollar for 63cents US now.
Went for close to US$70 000.
So basically it’s like every thing else. It’s worth whatever someone will pay in this day and age. Lol
Looking at the closing listings for that auction now and it never sold. The seller wants more.
How come some D8K dozers they say in China are priced in the low 20K's? And completely worn out junk here is into 60K plus? Also even UK dozers are way less expensive, what gives? Like cars everyone is way over extended?
Pay absolutely zero attention to any plant advertising that comes out of China.It’s no indication of anything.
Has anyone ever got anything from china COD? It would be stupid to do it any other way.
I'm not sure what a D6C would actually sell for but in my area they are advertised for $20-25k all the time. That's in decent shape with a good undercarriage. Most buyers are going to use an old dozer like that for light ranch work and with the price of newer machines being so high the old D5 and 6 are still attractive to people only needing to use it for a couple hundred hours.
Hells bells Nige Ive just jumped off my D6C 74A from another 10 hour day She runs so smooth and still would put a lot of newer machines to shame My 17A would even struggle to keep up But I do get your point