Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s a good way to get out a lower arm bushing on a Takeuchi TL150?

Swannny ยท 2014-05-14 21:59

I can't get the head of my plasma torch inside to zip all 6 or 7" or so of it. Don't have liquid nitrogen to contract it quickly. Don't have a stick welder handy to weld on it, then cool it rapidly. My mig gun is a spool gun, so I can't really get it inside all that much either. It won't budge with a 3/4" drive socket when hit like mad with a 12 pound sledge. Ideas I'm missing? I don't have oxy/acet torch handy. Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2014-05-14 22:23

    CO2? fill it with hot coals and blow air through one end? But, it's probably easier to get a stick welder there... assuming it's steel...

  2. #2Swannny2014-05-16 19:15

    Chain lower arms together using ratcheting binder with 10 ton porta-power in between to push out old with new. Couple light taps on outside of arm (the one bushing is being pushed out) with a sledge.