Hello all. I have a wiring problem with my TL140. I did an annual service on it, pulled it out of my garage, and it has sat for about a month. Haven't had time to run it! So tonight I finally got a chance to run it. I turned the ignition on and NOTHING. No lights, no accessories, no gauges, nada. I automatically thought it was a dead battery. I proceeded to charge the battery but it wasn't taking much of a charge. Tried the key again, and still nothing. Tried jumping another battery to it, nothing. Went to the fuse panel in cab and it looks like there is no power to that fuse panel. So I started back at the battery and started tracing. I pulled all 3 fuses above the battery and checked voltage there. All fuses were good and I'm getting 12v at all three. I didn't know where to go from there because I do not have a wiring diagram. I did notice under the right side backup light (inside like where the backup siren is) there is a solenoid in very rough shape. It almost looks like it's burnt up. Does anyone know what this solenoid does? Would that keep me from getting power to the ignition? Or does this sound like it's in my key switch? I checked resistance from positive battery terminal to ground and it's an open circuit, so there is no ground. I'm lost and have no clue what else to look at. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
First, I would check the battery under load, in the machine. The auto supply checked the battery from my tractor and it looked fine under load. When I checked it back in the tractor under load it read 4.5 volts. That won't start anything. If the battery checks out ok, look for a bad chassis ground where the negative battery terminal hooks to the frame. What ever those electrical connections operate, they all need to be redone, that's for sure.
That does look like a main power relay . Most machines have one and its activated by the key . The 2 large wires should connect when its on. check for 12 v0lts at each one of the large wires. if one has power you can try using a proper jumper to the other wire. be careful and have a helper in the cab with the key on .
first off dont trust anything that is labeled on a tak wiring harness. i had one and couldnot figure why it would crank but not start so i checked the fuses and all were good but the one labeled horn so i thought well it is just the horn we will deal with it later and figure out what caused it to blow the fuse but for the life of me still couldnt figure out why there was no power to the fuel shut off. i pulled the panel that if you are sitting in the machine is behind your calves and there wasnt any power there either. i called the dealership and the first words out of his mouth were dont trust the labels which got me to thinking about the horn fuse. sure enough new fuse and it fired right up. if you send me your email i can send you the scematic for it. That machine was a mess. the owner still doesnt know what was actually wrong with it because a friend of mine that owns a lawn mower shop called me in after the guy he had working on it said "yeah i know what im doing i can fix it" then got sent back to prison. this guy had the whole ass end of the machine apart because he thought since there was no fuel coming out if the ip that it was junk so he sent it off for a rebuild to a shotty shop and then he got locked back up. my buddy calls me says hey ive got this thing here can you come put it back together. instead of raising the cab he parks the thing right under a truss in a small garage with 8' ceilings so i start putting it together like a jigsaw puzzle and finaly get it together then try to start and it still has the same problem. i ran it on either just enough to turn it 90degrees and over about a foot so it was between the trusses and lifted the cab to see that the fuel shut off didnt move with key off or on lol so this whole ip rebuild over a blown fuse for the shut off motor
Ok thanks to all of you. I'll check voltage on each side of the relay with key on/off. I'm willing to bet that's where the problem is if it's a main power relay. If all shows to be ok there, then I'll try another battery. I'll keep you posted.
Even if the batt is low all of the gages and such should still come on so for now I would leave the batt alone and find out where you are losing power. I don't remember what they all are but pull the panel behind your feet and check everything in there. There should be about 10 or 12 relays and fuses and circuit breakers back there Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Check here for a free copy of the TL140 service manual http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=74174
Thanks, Chief Jim already hooked me up with the manual, but there is no wiring schematic in there from what I can see.
Oops just looked again, THERE IS a wiring diagram in the short section on electrical system. Sorry my Goof.
That relay in your picture is listed as a heater relay in the parts book. I'm thinking that's your glow plug relay.
Check relays in front of your feet. I've had problems with my 150s relays. Just throwin my 2¢ out there
If there's a battery relay, it should be very close to the battery, usually about 4 inches in diameter. Could just be a bad ground, or a fusible link somewhere, possibly in a large wire coming off the starter solenoid. Just guessing, I don't have a schematic for that machine.
I know this is old but I wanted to update on my findings a few years ago. It turns out I had a little friend groundhog living in my Takeuchi. He decided to have some of my wiring harness for dinner. I had to make repairs to multiple wires going to the keyswitch. All good after that.