I have a complete drive unit for a Bobcat 743, the hydrostatic pump and a burned cab. The drive unit looks unhurt, the hydrostatic pump itself looks unhurt, but the lines got real hot, and the cab would have to be sandblasted and painted. I need to know what a fair price is for this stuff. Any advice is appreciated. TIA, Duke
Dang, somebody has to have an idea
I wouldn't take the chance on the hydro unless it was dang cheap. Used parts are only worth as much as the other person is willing to pay. I think a reman hydro was over $2500 last time I had one replaced.
Thanks backhoe1. I'm still checking pricing. Got a guy that wants to give me $500 for the complete drive unit, hydrostatic pump, wheels, and cab. That sounds way to cheap and that is why I am asking. don't want to take advantage, but also don't want to give it away.
A few years back we had some hydraulic components that went thru a fire, the paint was unburnt and looked like the units would be servicable but there were internal parts that were not metalic that completely melted down rendering the pieces unusable in that condition. I probably would not pay a premium, rather look at the parts as a source for rebuilds.
dukeyjoe, not to sound harsh, but if you don't sell it to him, who else is willing to pay more? I was thinking maybe 500 was more that it was worth myself, but I'm not looking to buy something that's been burned either, nor would I willing due to bad past experiences with such things, I understand your point of view, I don't like giving anything away either, but first you need buyers wanting what you have to sell, your opinion on value means little unless your wanting to keep them for what's being offered you and not sell them at all, just something someone told me years ago when I was trying to sell something I had, which I ended up selling for less to the second guy after trying for years to get rid of it after I turned down buyer number one. Call some salvage yards to find out if they are interested in it, if not, cash in hand beats wishing any day.
Thanks melben and Randy88 for the advice. The man is an old Bobcat mechanic and he just redid my valve spool seals on my 773. Unfortunately, my 773's lift and tilt functions are locking up, which was not the case prior to the seals starting to leak. i think I'll , just, let him buy it, but i expect him to fix my 773 first, as I've already paid for that work.
last time i checked around here scrap was going for $210/ton. i wouldnt sell for any less than current scrap price. :drinkup
I see your point crewchief888. How much does a cab, drive case, hydrostatpump, and wheels weigh? Would be a total shame to sell this as scrap, as it is not in as bad of shape as it sounds. I'd be very surprised if the drive unit, even needed new seals. Btw, the fella that wants this stuff has a 743 body all primered, but no drive unit, hydrostat or wheels.
dont quote me on the operating weight, (i dont have the specs in front of me) but it seems like a complete 743 is around 6500 or so lbs :drinkup