Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s the biggest skid steer loader?

Cartoondude135 ยท 2024-01-09 21:50

So far, the only suspects I have on my list are the New Holland L334, the LS190B, and the LX985. The skid steer has to be big enough to quickly load up a single body dump truck while at the same time turn tightly like any skid steer loader in one spot instead of backing up and driving forward like any typical vehicle.

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2024-01-10 00:07

    https://www.bigrentz.com/blog/biggest-skid-steer#:~:text=The%20world's%20largest%20skid%20steer,breakout%20force%20of%209%2C039%20lb. I don't see your models on this list.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-01-10 01:00

    Maybe the mods can move this to the tractor loader backhoe forum. I think the biggest made was the Bobcat 980 at around 14,000lbs. A 975 is next at around 12,000lbs.

  3. #3Cartoondude1352024-01-10 02:23

    Well, "skid steer" is an earthmover, isn't it? But I couldn't find skid steer under earthmover, so I had to improvise. A skid steer loader isn't quite like a front loader, and this sub forum is "tractor / loader / backhoe". So that's what made me think this was the correct category forum to ask this question.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-01-10 02:53

    I wasn't trying to be rude. If you scroll down through the forums there is a skid steer forum where you might get more/better responses. There is also a CTL (compact track loader) forum and there are CTL's bigger than skid steers. Also a mini skid steer forum.

  5. #5digger242j2024-01-10 06:33

    Since the title question is specific--"skid steers", I moved it to the Skid Steer forum. Not a big deal...