Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What’s the name of this bolt hole?

gabrielolnunes ยท 2010-03-21 02:40

Hello guys, im technical drawer and im trying to find technical informations about this kind of bolt hole. currently im drawing some wear parts and this bolt hole even is present. http://www.blackcatblades.com/xcontent/images/products/2118-end-02.gif http://www.blackcatblades.com/xcontent/images/products/9J1107.gif this one contains a lot of these: http://www.kennametal.com/images/repositories/PDFs/EMCS/B08-01_GraderBladesCatalog.pdf does anyone know this name?

Replies20
  1. #1alrman2010-03-21 03:47

    A hole for a plow bolt would be called a Plow Bolt Hole ????? Anybody second the notion?

  2. #2RonG2010-03-21 03:54

    That hole with the square shank would be for a carriage bolt.I don't know what they are called on a moldboard.Good question.Ron G

  3. #3RDG2010-03-21 04:44

    Over ere in Oz we call them PLOUGH BOLTS.

  4. #4Phil2010-03-21 06:57

    Quite sure they are right on. Plough bolt as I recall. Get the good ones, grade 8 or 9 and cheaper aftermarket if you have the size. Phil

  5. #5Mathew2010-03-21 10:41

    Again trying to get three post so I can start a thread.

  6. #62stickbill2010-03-21 10:56

    Yep us Hillbillies in Texas call them that to.These look like Counter sunk plough bolts.

  7. #7digger242j2010-03-21 12:00

    Post away there, Mathew. I promoted you to full member. (For others with the same issue, posts in the "test forum" count towards your total. That's a better place to post if you're just trying to reach the magic number...)

  8. #8chansey2010-03-21 13:04

    There is a difference Plow bolts are similar to carriage bolts except they have a flat head and countersunk--PLOW BOLT is correct and it doesn't matter where you are from

  9. #9Demo man2010-03-21 13:09

    Carriage bolt hole is what I would call it or Plow bolt hole would be just anther name for it.

  10. #10QuickTrax2010-03-21 13:12

    I sell cutting edges and hardware all the time. The correct term for the hole is plow bolt hole. the correct term for the bolt is plow bolt.

  11. #11Demo man2010-03-21 13:13

    Chansey, your right it would be a plow bolt. sorry about my first post

  12. #12chansey2010-03-21 13:17

    Think Again Carriage bolts have a domehead--based on their original use on wooden assemblies.. Check the various available PLOW BOLTS at http://nationalbolt.thomasnet.com/category/plow-bolts

  13. #13RonG2010-03-21 13:58

    It is funny after all these years and as many as I have changed I don't ever recall hearing that term.I probably heard it but I just don't remember it.Still learnin'.Ron G

  14. #14Mathew2010-03-21 16:37

    Sorry about that I just want to get to where I can start a thread.

  15. #15diggerdave19582010-03-21 20:15

    Yup, we call them Plow Bolts here in Michigan too,

  16. #16bobcatmechanic2010-03-21 21:16

    same here in missouri

  17. #17chansey2010-03-21 21:57

    No Harm ---No Foul It's like a Cresent Wrench---we all know what it is, what it's for and how to use it, but how many of us ever say, "Hand me the adjustable end wrench"?????

  18. #18MrKomatsu2010-03-21 22:53

    plow bolt hole.......gets the prize....

  19. #19alrman2010-03-22 07:16

    For what it's worth - down here we call a Cresent Wrench a "Shifter" :yup

  20. #20diggerdave19582010-03-22 09:24

    Umm, sometimes i call a Cresent Wrench a "adjustable wrench" ??